Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Masterplan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mindy

Mindy

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Masterplan   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:46 am

Any other fans? I just "discovered" these guys last year and really like them. Their latest album, MKII, has a new singer Mike DiMeo, and I think he's fantastic. The whole album is pretty good, but here's a video of a song off of it, Lost And Gone.

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/perrygood
greg

greg

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masterplan   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:40 am

I'll have to check them out Mindy! Have you checked out Work of Art yet?
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Masterplan With Jorn Lande...   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:47 am

I have the self titled and Aeronautics, both with Jorn Lande (love him!) as the vocalist. He left to return to his solo career. Here's some video of him:

Enlighten Me (from the self-titled album)

Wounds (from Aeronautics)

Jorn Lande is definitely one of the best rock/metal vocalists out there! His resume consists of Vagabond, Snakes, The Ark, Beyond Twilight, Mundanus Imperium, several solo albums (one of which he does a killer version of Journey's "Edge of the Blade" as well as Foreigner's "Break It Up") and the fantastic Allen-Lande project, "The Battle" and "The Revenge".

Debbie
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masterplan   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:56 am

Rocker Chic wrote:

Jorn Lande is definitely one of the best rock/metal vocalists out there! His resume consists of Vagabond, Snakes, The Ark, Beyond Twilight, Mundanus Imperium, several solo albums (one of which he does a killer version of Journey's "Edge of the Blade" as well as Foreigner's "Break It Up") and the fantastic Allen-Lande project, "The Battle" and "The Revenge".
Debbie

Debbie, I have the Allen-Lande disc "The Revenge" and it awesome!
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masterplan   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:00 am

greg wrote:

'The Battle' is even better. Smile Let's not forget that Russell Allen's voice (from Allen-Lande) is fantastic as well. He is the singer for Symphony X and has a solo album from last year called "Atomic Soul" (all of which I have) that are fantastic. Cool

Debbie
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masterplan   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:02 am

Rocker Chic wrote:
greg wrote:

'The Battle' is even better. Smile Let's not forget that Russell Allen's voice (from Allen-Lande) is fantastic as well. He is the singer for Symphony X and has a solo album from last year called "Atomic Soul" (all of which I have) that are fantastic. Cool

Debbie

Cool, I will have to check out "The Battle". I like both voices and I agree with you, they both have awesome rock voices!
Back to top Go down
belar

belar

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masterplan   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:52 pm

Rocker Chic wrote:
I have the self titled and Aeronautics, both with Jorn Lande (love him!) as the vocalist. He left to return to his solo career. Here's some video of him:

Enlighten Me (from the self-titled album)

Wounds (from Aeronautics)

Debbie

Debbie, you're right on the money. Masterplan is great (haven't heard MKII yet, though), and Jorn Lande is incredible. I've been working on collecting all of his stuff. So far I've got his two Masterplan albums, both Allen/Lande CDs (The Battle may be one of the best albums of all time), the Beyond Twilight CD, the Mundanus Imperium CD, The Duke, The Gathering, Unlocking The Past, and a couple of boots. Some of his other work is tough to find, and expensive when you do find it. I would urge anyone who hasn't heard Jorn's work to give him a try.
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masterplan   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:25 pm

i have the duke, the gathering and unlocking the past. i think he has a great voice as well!!!!!!!!

i will have to check out master plan now Smile
Back to top Go down
Mindy

Mindy

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masterplan   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:14 pm

I do have Aeronautics but haven't listened to it in a long time...gonna have to give it a spin today. I'm not too familiar with Lande's work, will have to check it out.

I like MKII because I love Mike DiMeo's voice...he sang with a group called The Lizards who were pretty good as well.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/perrygood
belar

belar

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masterplan   Masterplan EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Mindy wrote:
I do have Aeronautics but haven't listened to it in a long time...gonna have to give it a spin today. I'm not too familiar with Lande's work, will have to check it out.

I like MKII because I love Mike DiMeo's voice...he sang with a group called The Lizards who were pretty good as well.

Just watched the Masterplan clip with DiMeo. Sounds pretty good. VERY different from Jorn, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Masterplan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masterplan   Masterplan Empty

Back to top Go down

Masterplan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: Specific Bands / Solo Artists-
Jump to: