Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The 80's Style

Go down 
AuthorMessage
greg

PostSubject: The 80's Style   Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:18 pm

Come on, admit it! You'd grow that Mullet out again (or skullet Laughing ) and throw on those acid washed jeans again if they were back in style!

If 80's style music had never went "out of style" according to the music industry, would we have still seen jean jackets and acid washed pants? The mullets? After all, music and television (especially music it seems) is such an influence on fashion, that I believe our clothing styles and hair styles wouldn't have been changed as much. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mindy

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:36 pm

I dunno...but I'm still pissed that I can't find my jean jacket. Been looking for it for 20 years now. Not that I'd probably be able to get into it anymore but still...I wish I had it. I had those sew on patches, was very cool. Mom swears she didn't throw it out. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/perrygood
NealIsGod

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:26 am

Mindy wrote:
I dunno...but I'm still pissed that I can't find my jean jacket. Been looking for it for 20 years now. Not that I'd probably be able to get into it anymore but still...I wish I had it. I had those sew on patches, was very cool. Mom swears she didn't throw it out. Suspect

Mom's probably wearing it to church every Sunday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mindy

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:29 am

There's a visual Laughing
Back to top Go down
greg

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:36 pm

NealIsGod wrote:
Mindy wrote:

Mom's probably wearing it to church every Sunday.

LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shameless1

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:24 pm

Do any of you girls that had short hair remember the hair parted on the side, with one side spiked and the other styled smooth??? That was me... Embarassed

Of course in the early 80's I had this look too... afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shameless1

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:25 pm

And pretty soon I'll be looking like this:

<---------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mindy

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:12 pm

shameless1 wrote:
Do any of you girls that had short hair remember the hair parted on the side, with one side spiked and the other styled smooth??? That was me... Embarassed

I can't remember that short style...I had the BIG hair back then...used mousse, dried it with my head upside down, teased it with a pick then put so much hair spray in it (Aquanet) that it didn't move for days. Even carried the mini can of Aquanet in my purse to put more on my hair while out on the town...just in case. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ms. M

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sat May 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Mindy wrote:
shameless1 wrote:

I can't remember that short style...I had the BIG hair back then...used mousse, dried it with my head upside down, teased it with a pick then put so much hair spray in it (Aquanet) that it didn't move for days. Even carried the mini can of Aquanet in my purse to put more on my hair while out on the town...just in case. Shocked

I had BIG hair, too. There's a reason they call it "Texas Big Hair"!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moon Beam

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Mon May 19, 2008 11:12 am

I remember dying parts of mine pink, it was shaved on the sides short in the back
and hung in my eyes up front.....painful it is seeing pics of myself back then. Laughing
Everything I wore in clothes from the early to mid 80's was either bright and bold neon
or black, bleak and baggy looking clothes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Mon May 19, 2008 11:34 am

Moon Beam wrote:
I remember dying parts of mine pink, it was shaved on the sides short in the back
and hung in my eyes up front.....painful it is seeing pics of myself back then. Laughing
Everything I wore in clothes from the early to mid 80's was either bright and bold neon

LOL Me too - sides of my hair was bright blonde!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onlyrealrock.com
iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Mon May 19, 2008 11:41 am

Goddess wrote:
Moon Beam wrote:

LOL Me too - sides of my hair was bright blonde!

i had that blond highlight thing going on......... Embarassed bright colored clothes with the matching shoes and bag of course. oi what was i thinking!??!?!?! oh yeah it was the 80's...i wasn't Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ms. M

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Wed May 21, 2008 10:13 pm

I did the highlights (or frosting as it was known then) when I was a Senior in high school. Had broken up with a longtime boyfriend and decided I needed a different look. That year, I went to Homecoming with my new "rebellious" boyfriend that my parents hated and we wore matching earrings in our left ears. LOL!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NealIsGod

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Fri May 23, 2008 8:42 am

Mindy wrote:
I had the BIG hair back then...used mousse, dried it with my head upside down, teased it with a pick then put so much hair spray in it (Aquanet) that it didn't move for days.

Me too. The best time of my life. *sigh* Now life is nothing but a parade of tears. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AR

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Fri May 23, 2008 10:06 am

Mindy wrote:

I still have mine with all the rock and metal group patches all over it. The large patch on the back is the Kiss - Rock and Roll Over album.

It might be worth taking a pic of and posting sometime. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moon Beam

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Fri May 23, 2008 10:29 am

I would love to see that AR, please do. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mindy

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sat May 31, 2008 1:21 pm

NealIsGod wrote:
Mindy wrote:
I had the BIG hair back then...used mousse, dried it with my head upside down, teased it with a pick then put so much hair spray in it (Aquanet) that it didn't move for days.

Me too. The best time of my life. *sigh* Now life is nothing but a parade of tears. pale

Tell me about it. pale
Back to top Go down
Mindy

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sat May 31, 2008 1:21 pm

AR wrote:
Mindy wrote:

I still have mine with all the rock and metal group patches all over it. The large patch on the back is the Kiss - Rock and Roll Over album.

You need to post a pic of it Ed. I'd love to see that! Smile
Back to top Go down
shameless1

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Mindy wrote:
AR wrote:
Mindy wrote:

You need to post a pic of it Ed. I'd love to see that! Smile

Hey Mindy! Missed you at the Frontiers show last night. I thought you might be there since it was the last show with the original lineup. Bummer. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mindy

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:31 pm

shameless1 wrote:
Hey Mindy! Missed you at the Frontiers show last night. I thought you might be there since it was the last show with the original lineup. Bummer. Sad

I know, I wish I could have been there. My life is nuts lately so there was no way I could have got down there. Crying or Very sad

How was it?
Back to top Go down
BigDog

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:39 pm

Let's not forget all the spandex too!

But ... If it's real, You'll feel it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 80's Style   

Back to top Go down