Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart

Go down 
+15
shameless1
Moon Beam
Manarocks
playitloudforme
GOD
frank
Liam The Pariah
Perrylover
Virginia sniper
ohsherrie
belar
Goddess
AR
iRockJava
greg
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
greg

greg

Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart Empty
PostSubject: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Not confirmed, but this is what I've heard Jour*ney's new album will *try* to sell for.

Just for the record, not going to buy it, but this what I do know about it:

The album so far has 3 known ballads and one instrumental. The album artwork has been released (don't really like the artwork.)

We know it has two rockers, leaving about 5 songs left to divide up amongst mid-tempo songs and rockers. I imagine they'll sneak at least 2 more ballads on it.

Track listening wise, I imagine this record will follow the same formula as at least Arrival (but I think it would be hilarious to have the rest of the songs sang by Ross and Jon...lol!!)

All I got to say is, you have a song on there entitled "Sweet Sun Shower". hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol!
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:43 pm

ok is that for the three disc set?!?!?!

$6 for the dvd
$5 for the new music cd
$.98 for the re-recordings

downloading it for free PRICELESS lol!
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:40 pm

iRockJava wrote:

$6 for the dvd
$5 for the new music cd

ROTFL!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:55 pm

$11.98? eh, cuh mon.

And you will hear "eh, cuh mon" At least 100 times if you actually buy this and watch the DVD. Although I'm sure it's heavily edited, so maybe 50 times or so.

I'm sure the pronunciation problems will be magically lifted off the new studio release though since they can work some magic to eliminate it there.

Not one dime out of my pocket will be spent for this release or that tour. I'll save my $11.98 for the new Asia CD with all original members.

If you really want to hear some killer new music, pick up the new House of Lords CD. Every song is just filled with hooks and booming choruses and is at the top of my iPod playlist these days.
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:04 pm

AR wrote:
$11.98? eh, cuh mon.

And you will hear "eh, cuh mon" At least 100 times if you actually buy this and watch the DVD. Although I'm sure it's heavily edited, so maybe 50 times or so.

I'm sure the pronunciation problems will be magically lifted off the new studio release though since they can work some magic to eliminate it there.

Not one dime out of my pocket will be spent for this release or that tour. I'll save my $11.98 for the new Asia CD with all original members.

If you really want to hear some killer new music, pick up the new House of Lords CD. Every song is just filled with hooks and booming choruses and is at the top of my iPod playlist these days.

I'm with ya Ed! I've got the last two House of Lords releases. AOR at it's finest! I'm also wanting the new Asia CD as well. Actually, I have been constructing a big Melodic Rock Wish List. And nope, Journey is not on the list....lol! Cool
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:51 pm

iRockJava wrote:

$6 for the dvd
$5 for the new music cd

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
belar

belar

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Wow, House Of Lords, huh? I'm listening to World Upside Down right now. Very good. Haven't picked up the new CD yet, though.

Greg, I have a pretty big list like that myself!
Back to top Go down
ohsherrie

ohsherrie

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:43 pm

iRockJava wrote:

$6 for the dvd
$5 for the new music cd

To me, with my limited online time, it's not even worth that. Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart C001
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:50 pm

belar wrote:
Wow, House Of Lords, huh? I'm listening to World Upside Down right now. Very good. Haven't picked up the new CD yet, though.

Greg, I have a pretty big list like that myself!

I can mark off Work of Art since I downloaded it from the melodicdownload.com site. I've listened to half the CD and WOW! That band is awesome! If you like Journey (what Journey used to be anyways) and like Toto, you will absolutely LOVE this band!
Back to top Go down
Virginia sniper

Virginia sniper

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 4:17 pm

I'll buy it so Hunsicker will get his 1/3 of a cent royality.
Back to top Go down
Perrylover

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:55 pm

IF I buy it, it would only be to support Jeremey's contribution. I even entertained the thought of breaking the rerecords in half and sending them back to Journey to show them what I think about rerecording the classics. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Liam The Pariah

Liam The Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Perrylover wrote:
IF I buy it, it would only be to support Jeremey's contribution. I even entertained the thought of breaking the rerecords in half and sending them back to Journey to show them what I think about rerecording the classics. Evil or Very Mad

That's not a bad Idea. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/annexrox
Perrylover

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Liam The Pariah wrote:
Perrylover wrote:

Thanks Liam, wouldn't they shit if they started receiving tons of broken rerecords back? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Liam The Pariah

Liam The Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Perrylover wrote:
Liam The Pariah wrote:
Perrylover wrote:

Thanks Liam, wouldn't they shit if they started receiving tons of broken rerecords back? Shocked

Thank YOU for the idea. At least that way it wouldn't be wasted money unlike if you LISTENED to it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/annexrox
frank

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:07 pm

Thats a fucking fantastic idea....
we can even start a website to encourage sending back the piece of shit regurgitation recordings....

I've got some ideas on some domain names...
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:21 pm

In all honesty, I'm willing to say that the new songs might not be bad. They were written with his vocal abilities in mind so they should sound right. The rerecords are the wildcard in this whole mess. Why rework the perfection that was Steve Perry's vocal contribution? It makes not 1 bit of sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 7:03 pm

GOD wrote:
In all honesty, I'm willing to say that the new songs might not be bad. They were written with his vocal abilities in mind so they should sound right. The rerecords are the wildcard in this whole mess. Why rework the perfection that was Steve Perry's vocal contribution? It makes not 1 bit of sense to me.

I agree - I think it's quite disrespectful honestly
Back to top Go down
playitloudforme

playitloudforme

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 8:19 pm

I'm not buying it... I'll send my 1/3 cent to Jeremey and say thanks, but those other guys get nothing from me. Suspect
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 8:23 pm

Well unfortunately for me, since this IS a music site, I am going to have to buy it so I can give it a listen and review it. So everyone knows upfront, whether you are liking, on the fence, or flat out hating the new lineup, my review will be fair and unbiased in every way. If it is any good I'll be the first to say that but if it is pure shite, you'll hear that as well.
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 8:23 pm

GOD wrote:

Basically for the new fans who are only fans of the band because of Arnel. They'll eat it up. The long time fans, for the most part, will use the re-recorded GH CD as a coaster.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 8:45 pm

greg wrote:
GOD wrote:

Basically for the new fans who are only fans of the band because of Arnel. They'll eat it up. The long time fans, for the most part, will use the re-recorded GH CD as a coaster.

I have to agree with that - I'm not a journey fan whatsoever anymore - I think they are fucking idiots
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 pm

GOD wrote:

I agree with your post GOD. Funny that the same people complainig about the rerecordings now are the same people who wanted the band to rerecord them with Augeri. I remember those post on back talk and melodic rock. What 's the difference now??? Like your post stated "why rework the perfection that was Steve Perry's vocal contribution?"
Back to top Go down
Moon Beam

Moon Beam

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:42 am

AR wrote:

Not one dime out of my pocket will be spent for this release or that tour.
I'll save my $11.98 for the new Asia CD with all original members

Exactly Ed!, I couldn't have stated better me ownself Sir.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:17 am

Moon Beam wrote:
AR wrote:

Not one dime out of my pocket will be spent for this release or that tour.
I'll save my $11.98 for the new Asia CD with all original members

Exactly Ed!, I couldn't have stated better me ownself Sir.

Amen!
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 5:16 pm

AR wrote:
$11.98? eh, cuh mon.

This post is funny. Same rants when he was at the other forum about Journey. Just wondering did you buy or go to Asia shows before the originals member rejoined? (the John Payne years) House of Lords good band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart   Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart Empty

Back to top Go down

Jour*ney: Revelation $11.98 @ Wal * Mart
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next