Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melodicdownloads

Go down 
+5
conversationpc
Manarocks
belar
Rocker Chic
greg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
greg

greg

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:27 pm

Man!

I decide to go ahead and order Work of Art from the melodicdownloads.com website. Wow! I know I'm paying to have the tracks instantly, but it would've been cheaper for me to have just ordered it from nehrecords.com (including shipping!) Ahhhh well! Daggonit those Euros being worth more than American dollars! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:36 pm

greg wrote:
Man!

I decide to go ahead and order Work of Art from the melodicdownloads.com website. Wow! I know I'm paying to have the tracks instantly, but it would've been cheaper for me to have just ordered it from nehrecords.com (including shipping!) Ahhhh well! Daggonit those Euros being worth more than American dollars! Laughing

Greg, if I really want something, I always check NEH first! They always seem to have the best prices, have most of the imports, and they ship fast.

Debbie
Back to top Go down
belar

belar

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:53 pm

http://www.cdinzane.com is pretty good, too.
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Rocker Chic wrote:
greg wrote:
Man!

Greg, if I really want something, I always check NEH first! They always seem to have the best prices, have most of the imports, and they ship fast.

Debbie

I usually do too, but I figured I'd try that download site. The good news is I downloaded the CD and got to listen to half of it going home from work. Man....Work of Art lives up to its name!!!
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 7:43 pm

greg wrote:
Man!

Nehrecords.com or cdinzane.com are great sites for imports and good prices. I would never buy anything off melodicdownload. Will not support that site at all or any of his related sites.
Back to top Go down
conversationpc

conversationpc

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Manarocks wrote:
Nehrecords.com or cdinzane.com are great sites for imports and good prices. I would never buy anything off melodicdownload. Will not support that site at all or any of his related sites.

You do realize that melodicdownloads has no connection whatsoever to MelodicRock, don't you?
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:01 pm

I was thinking the same thing Dave. Thought I'd just let him go with it though. Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:27 pm

GOD wrote:
I was thinking the same thing Dave. Thought I'd just let him go with it though. Shocked Laughing

i thought that too, however, http://www.melodicdownloads.com/home.php, as you can see the site that mana refers too has it's logo prominently displayed when you enter the store. things that make you go hmmmmmm Question
Back to top Go down
conversationpc

conversationpc

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:47 pm

iRockJava wrote:
GOD wrote:

i thought that too, however, http://www.melodicdownloads.com/home.php, as you can see the site that mana refers too has it's logo prominently displayed when you enter the store. things that make you go hmmmmmm Question

Hmmm...I will have to get with Andrew because he told me that he has no connection to that site.
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 2:49 pm

iRockJava wrote:
GOD wrote:

That is interesting. Either free advertisment for Andrew or he's a sponsor.
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:25 pm

conversationpc wrote:
Manarocks wrote:

You do realize that melodicdownloads has no connection whatsoever to MelodicRock, don't you?

Maybe or maybe not. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
melodicrock

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Honestly...I don't see the fascination here, like it is a big conspiracy if I was to be part of that site. Support it if you want...don't if you feel otherwise.

But, for the record - for the couple of people that seem to care - Hans is an old friend of mine and I have a banner for him on my site and he has a banner of mine - a mutual agreement to try and help each other, as I am not in the business of running a Digital Download store and I support what he is trying to do.

There...simple.
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:25 pm

melodicrock wrote:
Honestly...I don't see the fascination here, like it is a big conspiracy if I was to be part of that site. Support it if you want...don't if you feel otherwise.

But, for the record - for the couple of people that seem to care - Hans is an old friend of mine and I have a banner for him on my site and he has a banner of mine - a mutual agreement to try and help each other, as I am not in the business of running a Digital Download store and I support what he is trying to do.

There...simple.

Much along the same lines, I placed a banner for ORR on my site and the conspiracy theorists ran wild so we took it down. I'm tempted to remove any banners we have on that home page. Annex help is probably a hindrance if you are trying to earn a buck. Well, unless you are in the adult film industry, then it may be a bonus. Laughing

I am purchasing 50% of my music digitally these days. Most of it on iTunes, but I am open to purchasing from other sources. Still want the actual CD for my most favorite bands though.

For the record, I do download stuff from free sources, but go back and purchase things legitimately if I like it.
Back to top Go down

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:47 am

AR wrote:
melodicrock wrote:

There...simple.

Much along the same lines, I placed a banner for ORR on my site and the conspiracy theorists ran wild so we took it down. I'm tempted to remove any banners we have on that home page. Annex help is probably a hindrance if you are trying to earn a buck. Well, unless you are in the adult film industry, then it may be a bonus. Laughing

I am purchasing 50% of my music digitally these days. Most of it on iTunes, but I am open to purchasing from other sources. Still want the actual CD for my most favorite bands though.

For the record, I do download stuff from free sources, but go back and purchase things legitimately if I like it.

I love itunes - what if you want to make it a mp3.. know how to do that?
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 8:39 am

Quote :

There are a few free conversion tools out there that will change from the iTunes format to mp3. I don't have any real reason to do it though. If anything I might want to burn from my iTunes library to a CD, but you can do that by creating a playlist. Then you can rip the CD to mp3's if you want.

This is a good guide:

http://askbobrankin.com/convert_itunes_to_mp3_format.html
Back to top Go down

Melodicdownloads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melodicdownloads   Melodicdownloads EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:17 pm

AR wrote:
Quote :

There are a few free conversion tools out there that will change from the iTunes format to mp3. I don't have any real reason to do it though. If anything I might want to burn from my iTunes library to a CD, but you can do that by creating a playlist. Then you can rip the CD to mp3's if you want.

This is a good guide:

http://askbobrankin.com/convert_itunes_to_mp3_format.html

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down

Melodicdownloads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: General Discussion-
Jump to: