Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?

Go down 
+10
playitloudforme
Mindy
ohsherrie
NurseCrys
journeywoman
NealIsGod
greg
AR
Liam The Pariah
VA Cat Lady
14 posters
AuthorMessage
VA Cat Lady

VA Cat Lady

Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? Empty
PostSubject: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:15 pm

These are some of my favorite bands from the 70`s. Three Dog Night. Steppenwolf, Grand Funk Railroad, The Eagles, The Doobie Brothers, Yes, The Edgar Winter Group, The J. Geils Band, Jethro Tull, Black Oak Arkansas, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Nazareth, Deep Purple, and of coarse Led Zeppelin. I`m sure there are more but that`s all I can think of right off the top of my head. Oops, I forget America and The Steve Miller Band. "Some people call me the space cowboy..."
Back to top Go down
Liam The Pariah

Liam The Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Well...I only had 9 days to be alive in the 70's...but I know my brother played Styx's Grand Illusion a lot. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/annexrox
AR

AR

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:51 pm

As a kid born in 1968, my first 3 records were Elvis "Aloha from Hawaii", Elvis "50,000 Fans Can't Be Wrong", and Neil Diamond's Greatest Hits. They were my parents records, but they kind of gave them to me since I seemed to like those. Even today, I still like all that stuff.

The first 2 albums I ever asked my parents to get for me on my own were "Kiss Alive!" and Led Zeppelin "Houses of the Holy". Kiss was the band that truly introduced me to hard rock and melodic rock.

I also have fond memories of some of those old K-tel records.

Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? Ktel_mindbender_lg
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:53 pm

I didn't really listen to any music before 1980, but later on, I got into listening to Kansas, Boston, Styx, and Foreigner.
Back to top Go down
NealIsGod

NealIsGod

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:11 pm

I was big into Paul McCartney & Wings, Heart, Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, stuff that was on the radio back then.
Back to top Go down
journeywoman

journeywoman

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:47 pm

70's I listened to Black Sabbath,Led Z.,Deep Purple,Uriah Heap,Rainbow,Aerosmith,Reo Speedwagon,Black Oak Arkansas,Johnny and Edgar Winter,Joe Walsh,Marshall Tucker Band,Leon Russell,Doobie Brothers,Blue Oyster Cult,Grand Funk RR,Journey,The Doors,Jimi Hendrix,Montrose with Sammy Hagar,Loggins &Messina,Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull,Van Halen,Night Ranger.Whew I'm tired
Back to top Go down
NurseCrys

NurseCrys

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:36 am

Liam The Pariah wrote:
Well...I only had 9 days to be alive in the 70's...but I know my brother played Styx's Grand Illusion a lot. Laughing

You are SO old! lol! LOL I I love you you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aggieangelcrys
ohsherrie

ohsherrie

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 10:25 am

Neil Diamond, the BeeGees, Wayon Jennings, the Gatlin Brothers, Charlie Rich, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Barbra Streisand, Styx, Heart, the Eagles, Merle Haggard, Johnny Rodriguez, Andy Gibb, Foreigner, Tom T Hall, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Robert Goulet, Jennifer Warnes, Rosanne Cash, Enzo Stuarti, Placido Domingo, to name a few. Laughing

I like lots of different kinds of music.
Back to top Go down
Mindy

Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 8:27 am

greg wrote:
I didn't really listen to any music before 1980, but later on, I got into listening to Kansas, Boston, Styx, and Foreigner.

Same here, it wasn't until about 82 or so that I started listening to music. I remember going to the record store, buying 45's Shocked but I can't remember exactly what they were. I know there were a few Journey ones, but the first band that I was really into was Quiet Riot. Laughing Then I got more into Led Zep, Skynyrd, The Stones, AC/DC, The Who, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/perrygood
playitloudforme

playitloudforme

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Yes, Boston, Bowie, Aerosmith, Kansas, Pink Floyd, Elton John, Renaissance
Back to top Go down
BigDog

BigDog

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 10:49 pm

I started listening in the 80's also but I've listened to every band mentioned and enjoyed it all.
Back to top Go down
Ms. M

Ms. M

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyFri May 16, 2008 6:09 pm

I listened to what my Mom was listening to then - Barbra Streisand (Stoney End), Cher (Gypies, Tramps, and Thieves), The Fifth Dimension, and, yes, even some Manilow. Yikes! geek
Back to top Go down
Moon Beam

Moon Beam

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:47 am

Though I am a complete compilation of the 60's.
I was raised on my Fathers faves from the flaming 70's.
I remember my first personal choices in music to be Donny & Marie Osmond, Shaun Cassidy
and Kenny Rogers.
7 year old Moonie had a celestial like crush on this guy.....

Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? Shaun

Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? Rofl1
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:43 am

osmonds, beegees, leif garrett, etc.

then my cousins introduced me to santana, steve miller band, led zeppelin............ Cool
Back to top Go down
Ms. M

Ms. M

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Moon Beam wrote:
Though I am a complete compilation of the 60's.
I was raised on my Fathers faves from the flaming 70's.
I remember my first personal choices in music to be Donny & Marie Osmond, Shaun Cassidy
and Kenny Rogers.
7 year old Moonie had a celestial like crush on this guy.....

Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? Shaun

Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? Rofl1

OMG - I SOOOO listened to Shaun Cassidy, too. In fact, Tony and I were just looking at my albums and came across his albums. I told him not to laugh, but he snickered a little anyway... tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?   Who did you listen to in the 70`s ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who did you listen to in the 70`s ?
Page 1 of 1