Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

OT Reality TV

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goddess
Admin

PostSubject: OT Reality TV   Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Deadliest Catch!! Great show!!!

(and of course - Dancing with the stars, celebrity rehab ...)

You??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onlyrealrock.com
NealIsGod

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:12 am

I hate reality TV. The only thing that could possibly be classified as reality TV that I watch is GhostHunters. I don't even watch AI anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:18 am

NealIsGod wrote:
I hate reality TV. The only thing that could possibly be classified as reality TV that I watch is GhostHunters. I don't even watch AI anymore.

I'm with you - I dont like 'reality' tv like Big Brother - or AI or shit like that .. but I do like the 2 I mentioned Smile
Back to top Go down
ohsherrie

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:55 am

The only reality shows I've see that weren't disgusting to me are AI and Dancing With The Stars and I've gotten tired of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:13 am

ohsherrie wrote:
The only reality shows I've see that weren't disgusting to me are AI and Dancing With The Stars and I've gotten tired of them.

I'll tell you which show pisses me off.. ROCK OF LOVE! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ohsherrie

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:59 am

Goddess wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:

I've never watched that. I think all those kinds of shows are exploitative and I can't understand why woman would want to be seen in that light.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:01 pm

ohsherrie wrote:
Goddess wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:

I've never watched that. I think all those kinds of shows are exploitative and I can't understand why woman would want to be seen in that light.

I couldn't agree more. Make them look like skanky whores.. I mean seriously..
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:38 pm

sadly, so many of those women have only their looks and their sexuality to rely on, so for them to be on that show, no matter how they look to the rest of the world, for them it is more than they can accomplish on their own. those women choose to exploit themselves by going on there.

i personally find the show to be pure comic relief. because let's face it, everyone is scripted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
belar

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:03 pm

I'm with NIG - I hate all reality TV, and I think it has made the networks lazy. Instead of coming up with good ideas for hour-long drama shows, they just throw any reality crap up there and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ohsherrie

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:09 pm

belar wrote:
I'm with NIG - I hate all reality TV, and I think it has made the networks lazy. Instead of coming up with good ideas for hour-long drama shows, they just throw any reality crap up there and call it a day.

Has anybody else noticed that it seems like there's been a lack of originality in entertainment for a while now? Not only have we been inundated with reality shows, spinoffs, tabloid, and news magazine shows on TV, a lot more movies seem to be remakes of either old movies or based on old TV shows and there are a lot of covers of old songs being recorded by rock and pop artists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
playitloudforme

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:12 pm

I was definitely into Celebrity Rehab (Jeff... ow man... hope he gets it), and am still into Top Chef and Deadliest Catch. THOSE F***ers are nuts (DC guys, not the chefs). And oh yeah.. Ghosthunters. I wanna meet those guys! Queen Mary in December... hoping I can go.

I cannot watch Dancing with the Stars. I used to teach ballroom & latin for a living... and it HURTS to see it done so damn poorly. Granted, they have a week to learn these routines, so there's no technique, but it would be like me going on stage after one week of learning to play guitar and expected to perform a solo.... ain't happenin'. I might have a few notes down, but the whole thing looks nasty to a trained eye. That and the judges are idiots.

AI...bored me to tears years ago, still bores me. Michael Johns was the only reason to watch, so now that he's gone...meh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shameless1

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:19 pm

Goddess wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:

Why does it piss you off? scratch

I happen to like that show. It's such a heartwarming and informative program. sunny

Actually, it's become a 'guilty pleasure' at our house. I even had to let the girls stay up late last night to see who was gonna be Bret's "Rock of Love". Now I've even gotta buy tix to take them to see Poison because my youngest daughter thinks Bret is "hot". silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greg

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm read for more comedy sitcoms to take the place of all of these reality tv shows. I miss the Night Courts, Cheers, and the WKRP's of prime time TV!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NealIsGod

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:59 am

greg wrote:
I'm read for more comedy sitcoms to take the place of all of these reality tv shows. I miss the Night Courts, Cheers, and the WKRP's of prime time TV!

Yeah, I love a good sitcom. My kid's discovered Martin repeats on TVOne. He loves that show now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:16 am

NealIsGod wrote:
greg wrote:

Yeah, I love a good sitcom. My kid's discovered Martin repeats on TVOne. He loves that show now.

If you are looking for a good sticom - watch Psych on USA - really good
Back to top Go down
greg

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:20 pm

Goddess wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:
greg wrote:

If you are looking for a good sticom - watch Psych on USA - really good

I think I've caught that a couple of times. But, it's just not the same as Night Court. they really need to get on the ball and release all of their seasons on DVD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT Reality TV   

Back to top Go down

OT Reality TV
Page 1 of 1