Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Never Walk Away

Go down 
+11
perryfaithful
frank
ohsherrie
Goddess
playitloudforme
AR
Rocker Chic
Sallee
Manarocks
GOD
iRockJava
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iRockJava

iRockJava

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:20 pm

ok, could be me, i just heard it on the internet feed from wpyx 106.5 out of albany, but all i kept thinking was..........HOW FRIGGING SIMILAR TO JSS'S "BELIEVE IN ME" IS THIS SONG?!?!?!??!??! the chorus especially "will she stay or will she go" vs. "believe in me tonight".........

i know my ears are not trained but damn..................... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:25 pm

oh and go listen to "never too late" off generations...............very frigging similar. possibly the new sound direction they could have explored with jeff?

not classic journey by a long shot. at least not in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Well since Journey didn't give him any credit for except in the liner notes of the new album. Jeremey, you helped create a damn fine song. I'm still not sold on Pineda but all in all he doesn't sound that bad.
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 pm

iRockJava wrote:
oh and go listen to "never too late" off generations...............very frigging similar. possibly the new sound direction they could have explored with jeff?

Maria, Jeff was not the right fit for the band, He's a great singer but not for Journey. New songs will surprise alot of people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:33 pm

GOD wrote:
Well since Journey didn't give him any credit for except in the liner notes of the new album. Jeremey, you helped create a damn fine song. I'm still not sold on Pineda but all in all he doesn't sound that bad.

I think that will change after you hear some more songs. Cool
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:37 pm

GOD wrote:

so he didn't get a writing credit? why am i not surprised if that is the case.
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Manarocks wrote:
iRockJava wrote:

Maria, Jeff was not the right fit for the band, He's a great singer but not for Journey. New songs will surprise alot of people. Very Happy

the point is that if they wanted a new direction they could have gone in one with jeff. i was not a fan of him singing the dirty dozen, but he was decent on the deeper cuts. i would have gone to see jeff fronting the band.
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:43 pm

iRockJava wrote:
GOD wrote:

Wait till the cd is out and check the notes.
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm

iRockJava wrote:
Manarocks wrote:
iRockJava wrote:

the point is that if they wanted a new direction they could have gone in one with jeff. i was not a fan of him singing the dirty dozen, but he was decent on the deeper cuts. i would have gone to see jeff fronting the band.

Jeff was not the right fit, Can not elobrate on this sorry. I agree with you he was alright on the so call dirty dozen. Jeff is a great singer but not on Journey material the way they wanted it to sound.
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 3:09 pm

Manarocks wrote:
iRockJava wrote:
GOD wrote:

Wait till the cd is out and check the notes.

well someone will have to scan it and post it because i ain't buying it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sallee

Sallee

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Manarocks wrote:

Jeff was not the right fit, Can not elobrate on this sorry. I agree with you he was alright on the so call dirty dozen. Jeff is a great singer but not on Journey material the way they wanted it to sound.

Music is in the ear of the beholder, and I disagree with you in JSS not being the right fit. He was a great fit for me, and he brought life into the band when I saw them in '06.

How would you know if Journey felt that JSS wasn't the right fit on the way the songs sound? Were you there? Just asking.
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 4:08 pm

you're all missing the point of my initial post.

this thread is about the blatant similarities between "never walk away", "believe in me", "never too late" and "be good to yourself". i just listened to them all on a shuffle and the only constant in each song is neal. there is no creativity to the new song whatsoever. being the classic sound is one thing, but having the exact same guitar line and melody is another. the only difference i hear with bgty is the heavy keys. it's a decent song, but it is not anything new or fresh. honestly, deep down, and i know i'm not alone, i wanted to be blown away. i'm not.
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 5:02 pm

iRockJava wrote:
this thread is about the blatant similarities between "never walk away", "believe in me", "never too late" and "be good to yourself".

Holy crap! I just listened to this and, I swear, it sounds like I had all 4 of those songs in separate CD players, all going at the same time, with it being really heavy on BGTY and BIM! affraid Even though I haven't purchased a single thing from them since the last show I attended, I feel like I was just ripped off, for God's sake (no offense to our 'God', of course). Shocked I know that they re-recorded the classics (yeah, whatever), but now it seems that they can't even record an original tune anymore. Exclamation

OK, I just had to shut if off. I just can't possibly listen to that anymore. Evil or Very Mad To the average fan who hasn't heard Jeff's 'Believe in Me', they probably won't notice. However, people on another board (who SHOULD have) haven't even seemed to notice. scratch With your permission, Maria, I'd like to point out your observation to them. Twisted Evil

Holy crap! I still can't believe what I heard!!! Shocked

Debbie
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 5:05 pm

ok i'm rolling on the floor here...............jss just posted a link to the believe in me youtube in the thread on mr and said its sounds familiar.

lol!
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:24 pm

Biyahe sipsip
Back to top Go down
playitloudforme

playitloudforme

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:48 pm

I wonder if JSS has grounds to go after Journey for stealing his material????

Bottom line, what's with Neal's guitar on this? Kinda like shoving the guitar down my throat. OK... I get it, he can play the guitar, but c'mon.

Arnel's vocals were ok at best. Nothing made me turn my head and go "OMG!". and frankly, I want that out of Journey to bother anymore.
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:17 pm

playitloudforme wrote:

Bottom line, what's with Neal's guitar on this? Kinda like shoving the guitar down my throat. OK... I get it, he can play the guitar, but c'mon.

Arnel's vocals were ok at best. Nothing made me turn my head and go "OMG!". and frankly, I want that out of Journey to bother anymore.

Do you know who co-wrote Believe in Me? look it up. JSS has no grounds for anything.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Manarocks wrote:
playitloudforme wrote:

Do you know who co-wrote Believe in Me? look it up. JSS has no grounds for anything.

True - Neal co-wrote it
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
Manarocks

Manarocks

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:27 pm

Goddess wrote:
Manarocks wrote:
playitloudforme wrote:

True - Neal co-wrote it

People really over react Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:28 pm

Manarocks wrote:
Goddess wrote:
Manarocks wrote:
playitloudforme wrote:

True - Neal co-wrote it

People really over react Laughing Laughing

Ain't that the truth!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:32 pm

Sallee wrote:
Manarocks wrote:

Music is in the ear of the beholder, and I disagree with you in JSS not being the right fit. He was a great fit for me, and he brought life into the band when I saw them in '06.

How would you know if Journey felt that JSS wasn't the right fit on the way the songs sound? Were you there? Just asking.

Sallee I know that the band regretted naming him the permanent singer. The band appreciated him for filling in, in there heart they knew it was not the right fit. So yes I was there.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:37 pm

Manarocks wrote:
Sallee wrote:
Manarocks wrote:

Sallee I know that the band regretted naming him the permanent singer. The band appreciated him for filling in, in there heart they knew it was not the right fit. So yes I was there.

Manarocks - how come you think he wasn't a good fit - just curious?
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:51 pm

Goddess wrote:
Manarocks wrote:
Sallee wrote:
Manarocks wrote:

Goddess I am just relaying what the band had said. (I have a friend who works in music mgt. He knows the band) IMO they were correct. I loved JSS in Soul Sirkus and I believe Neal should have kept that band. His voice did not sound like Journey, which to me means a voice like Kevin Chalfant and now Arnel. Just my opinion. Smile any questions please feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 pm

Manarocks wrote:
Goddess wrote:
Manarocks wrote:
Sallee wrote:
Manarocks wrote:

Goddess I am just relaying what the band had said. (I have a friend who works in music mgt. He knows the band) IMO they were correct. I loved JSS in Soul Sirkus and I believe Neal should have kept that band. His voice did not sound like Journey, which to me means a voice like Kevin Chalfant and now Arnel. Just my opinion. Smile any questions please feel free to ask.

I think Kevin Chalfant would have been better than Arnel - I'm not a huge Journey fan but it does seem rather odd how things went down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Never Walk Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Walk Away   Never Walk Away Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Walk Away
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: Specific Bands / Solo Artists-
Jump to: