Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Were Your "Signature" Songs?

Go down 
+5
NealIsGod
GOD
iRockJava
Mindy
shameless1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shameless1

shameless1

What Were Your "Signature" Songs? Empty
PostSubject: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:14 pm

I was listening to "80's on 8" on XM this morning, and "Running With The Night" by Lionel Richie came on. It took me back to New Year's Eve when I was a 10th grader. My brother and his girlfriend and I and my boyfriend were hanging out, going to parties, etc. Casey Kasem's top 40 was on the radio, and for some reason, THIS song is what I remember. There were other great songs that are linked to specific memories...

"Faithfully" by the artists formerly known as Journey... 9th grade dance when we hosted a group of students from Canada. My best guy friend became my boyfriend after dancing to that song, which broke the heart of someone who I had been talking to prior to that night.

"Hello" by Lionel Richie... my best friends boyfriends 'heartbreak' song. The boys all got drunk and sang this song to each other.

"Against All Odds" by the incomparable Phil Collins... The heartbreak song for me & my high school 'sweetheart'.

There are so many of these songs out there. The 80's were truly a great era for music. OK, who's next to take that walk down memory lane...?
Back to top Go down
Mindy

Mindy

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:55 pm

Just thinking about that brings back memories. I used to love Against All Odds too, great song.

This is a song from the 70's actually but it was my fiancee's song for me...I never did marry him, but in the mid 80s it was our song:

Aside from that one, the biggest album in the 80's for us was Guns N Roses Appetite For Destruction. We used to spend summer nights hanging out in the beach parking lot, drinking beer and blasting GNR. Good times. Cool

I'm sure I'll think of others later on.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/perrygood
iRockJava

iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:58 pm

def leppard - photograph
bryan adams - this time
journey - after the fall
night ranger - sister christian
corey hart - never surrender

anyone of those songs sends me right back to the 80's
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:40 pm

The song that takes me back is REO's I can't fight this feeling. It was the song I heard when the girl I chased for a couple of years agreed to go to the junior prom with me and we started dating.

Ironically, the song that was playing at the end of that relationship was John Waite's Missing you, another one that takes me back when I hear it.
Back to top Go down
NealIsGod

NealIsGod

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:32 am

Funny you posted Always and Forever, Mindy. My band in HS played that tune. We also played Jump, Anyway You Want It, Don't Stop Believin', Sister Christian, Ain't Talkin' Bout Love, I'll Wait, and others I don't recall...

Songs that bring me back to the 80's are Run Runaway by Slade, anything off Pyromania, Oh Sherrie, Madonna's early stuff...

Anyone remember Friday Night Videos? I didn't have MTV in high school, so I lived for that show.

Here's the Slade tune.

I still have old video tapes that I want to transfer to DVD with a shitload of videos, LiveAid coverage, etc. Gotta get on that.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:36 am

I remember being at a dance when I was in 6th grade and the DJ was playing "You dropped the bomb on me"
LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:47 pm

6th Grade?!!! Go away. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mindy

Mindy

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Cool NIG, didn't know you were in a band.

I didn't remember Slade until I heard that song, wow, SO 80's. Laughing

I looked them up on Wikipedia, found this interesting:

Kiss bassist Gene Simmons readily admits that his band's early songwriting ethos and stage performance style was influenced by Slade. In his book "Kiss and Make-Up," Simmons writes on page 85, "the one we kept returning to was Slade," and "we liked the way they connected with the crowd, and the way they wrote anthems... we wanted that same energy, that same irresistible simplicity. but we wanted it American-style." Tom Petersson of Cheap Trick has said that his band went to see Slade perform, and that they used "every cheap trick in the book", thus inadvertently coining his group's name. Quiet Riot had a U.S. hit with their cover of Cum on Feel the Noize.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/perrygood
Ms. M

Ms. M

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptyFri May 16, 2008 6:05 pm

I hardly know where to start... there were different songs for different times. To me that is the thing with 80s music, it really stays with ya.

Off the top of my head...

"Stay the Night" by Chicago ALWAYS reminds me of the guy I was madly in love with in Jr. High. We were best friends, and I had to listen to all his heartbreak with other girls. OY!

Some that take me back to high school - "We Belong" Pat Benatar, "Oh Sheila" Ready for the World, "You Give Love a Bad Name" Bon Jovi, a lot of ROR, and anything by The Outfield.

Feelin' my age today.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
shameless1

shameless1

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:31 am

Ms. M wrote:

But isn't reminiscing fun? flower
Back to top Go down
Ms. M

Ms. M

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptySat May 17, 2008 3:06 pm

shameless1 wrote:
Ms. M wrote:

But isn't reminiscing fun? flower

Oh, absolutely! Plus, your av gave me a big ol' LOL!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 7:11 am

I also loved the metal bands too
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Surprisingly,

My signature song was Separate Ways (Worlds Apart). I guess because everybody saw me as the guy who likes that band Journey.....lol!
Back to top Go down
Ms. M

Ms. M

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 6:56 pm

And, NIG, I LOVED Friday Night Videos. I didn't get cable when all my friends did either. That was the first place I saw the video for "Faithfully". I almost had a stroke in my parents' living room. Ah, to be young again!!
Back to top Go down
Moon Beam

Moon Beam

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:45 pm

NealIsGod wrote:

Here's the Slade tune.

Niggy have you heard these guys version of Run Runaway?......

I like both but GBS just owns my peppy personality. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Were Your "Signature" Songs?   What Were Your "Signature" Songs? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Were Your "Signature" Songs?
Page 1 of 1