Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Todays music world

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goddess
Admin

PostSubject: Todays music world   Sat May 03, 2008 10:06 am

Seems odd to me and I'm not sure how i feel about it. Record labels used to rule the music industry and now they are hardly necessary. More and more people are getting discovered through reality TV, Youtube, and other seemingly simple ways. And while I think it's great that people that have all this talent are being discovered and given the opportunity to shine - it frustrates me that these people aren't having to really 'work' to get to the top. It just seems that "poof" they get there without the blood sweat and tears.

Yet when they get there - some entity owns them and pushes out how ever many hits they can from this person or people ...... and then they are gone and time to move on.

I dont know how I feel about that..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onlyrealrock.com
ohsherrie

PostSubject: Re: Todays music world   Sat May 03, 2008 11:15 am

It seems to be more about being gimmicky and/or having the current trendy sound than having actual talent and originality. Just like they do on AI. When they get a good singer they immediately try to make them sound just like whoever is or whatever is the latest trend. They're looking more for what sells than what's really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Todays music world   Sat May 03, 2008 11:37 am

ohsherrie wrote:
It seems to be more about being gimmicky and/or having the current trendy sound than having actual talent and originality. Just like they do on AI. When they get a good singer they immediately try to make them sound just like whoever is or whatever is the latest trend. They're looking more for what sells than what's really good.

absolutely - I can't stand American Idol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onlyrealrock.com
BigDog

PostSubject: Re: Todays music world   Sat May 03, 2008 6:52 pm

It's the American way. Use something for whatever you can get out of it cheaply and throw it away.

But ... If it's real, You'll feel it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Todays music world   Wed May 07, 2008 10:50 pm

I very rarely listen to a band/artist that was brought up from youtube, American Idol, or any other pathetic source.
I don't mind Kelly Clarkson so much, although I don't agree that she came up the right way, but I do think that she's somewhat talented.
Now, my music taste differs from everyone else here, I'm sure.
I'm more for stuff like My Chemical Romance(Who were picked up within their first few months of practicing. They'd never played a show, and denied the attention immediately.)
People that actually had to work, and earn their right to having fans, and didn't have the proper publicity right off the git-go, those are the ones that are actually going to make it through the rough times as a band. Not some petty little kid that was picked up off youtube. They're one hit wonders. And then you never hear of them again.
Prime example; Aaron Carter.
He was absolutely HUGE when I was about 7-8 years old. I think they got 2-3 albums out of him, and possibly two big hits. Then he was gone, and is now a nobody. I was shocked to hear his name again after 5 or so years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mcrlove3
BigDog

PostSubject: Re: Todays music world   Thu May 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Well said Jesus. Cool

But ... If it's real, You'll feel it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays music world   

Back to top Go down

Todays music world