Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Get a job

Go down 
+3
AR
playitloudforme
Goddess
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Get a job   Get a job EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:21 am

why oh why do able bodied people feel the need to live off the system when they can get a fucking job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
playitloudforme

playitloudforme

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:07 pm

Because their parents failed to teach them responsibility & ethics. They've lied to themselves often enough that they believe it doesn't hurt anyone, that it's not a drain on the hardworking people of our country that do pay taxes so there are no potholes in the roads, that the sewers don't overflow, that the trash along the side of the road is collected and we aren't infested with vermin.

They think it won't matter.... they are wrong.

I could go on forever here.... I have someone working for us now that literally cruises the internet and gets paid for it. ... just a few more weeks, and he'll be gone....

Karma IS a beautiful thing tho. It may not happen in my time frame...but they will get their just rewards.
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:35 pm

If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet! The're about to announce the lottery numbers...

Get a job Homer_Simpson_by_Makotron
Back to top Go down
playitloudforme

playitloudforme

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:26 pm

Well said Ed. Well said.

I had another one hit today. Guy claims to have hit his knee two weeks ago. He hasn't gone to the doctor. He said he told two fellow employees (neither remember it). Story has changed in a week's time. Today it was him hitting it on the stairs, but he told his manager that it was on pile of linen 25 feet away from the stairs.

And he wanted money.

I instructed him on the injury policy.

And then he walked very uninjuredly (now that's a word....) out of my office. ARGH!
Back to top Go down
BigDog

BigDog

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:14 pm

If those people put as much effort into real work that they put into scamming and scheming they could be billionaires. Too bad they are too stupid to figure that out.
Back to top Go down
shameless1

shameless1

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptyWed May 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Why work when you can spend all day online sharing your vast wealth of knowledge about things that don't mean much in the 'real world'...?

Since I have no vast wealth of knowledge (I'm told I'm a dimwit Crying or Very sad ) I guess I'll have to continue to get up in the mornings and go to work. DAMMIT! Sad
Back to top Go down
BigDog

BigDog

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:14 pm

shameless1 wrote:
Why work when you can spend all day online sharing your vast wealth of knowledge about things that don't mean much in the 'real world'...?

Since I have no vast wealth of knowledge (I'm told I'm a dimwit Crying or Very sad ) I guess I'll have to continue to get up in the mornings and go to work. DAMMIT! Sad

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with you Shameless!
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:28 am

shameless1 wrote:

I heard you were a dimwit Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ohsherrie

ohsherrie

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:20 am

Goddess wrote:
why oh why do able bodied people feel the need to live off the system when they can get a fucking job!

When I managed a manufacturing plant I actually had new hires tell me they were quitting because they weren't going to work that hard when they could stay home and have another baby and draw more welfare.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:32 am

ohsherrie wrote:
Goddess wrote:

When I managed a manufacturing plant I actually had new hires tell me they were quitting because they weren't going to work that hard when they could stay home and have another baby and draw more welfare.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
shameless1

shameless1

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:56 am

ohsherrie wrote:
Goddess wrote:

Several years ago, a police officer in the small town that I grew up in got fired because he had sex with a 15 year old girl. He told that girl's sister one night that he was pissed because after being fired that "now he had to work for a living"!!!! I thought I'd go ballistic after hearing him say that!

Of course, the same officer (after paying his dues working construction for a few years) got a job with the Sheriff's department and has since become the chief of police in the town that I live in now! He spends his mornings working hard at directing traffic for the elementary school... It makes me sick having to see his bloated, donut-eating face every morning when I drop my kids off for school. Mad

Our tax dollars hard at work, folks... scratch
Back to top Go down
scarecrowsdream

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptySun May 11, 2008 6:06 pm

ohsherrie wrote:
Goddess wrote:

and there ya go....laziness- physical and mental is of epidemic proportion in this country...along
with apathy, denial and self absorption...
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
shameless1

shameless1

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptyMon May 12, 2008 8:36 pm

scarecrowsdream wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:
Goddess wrote:

and there ya go....laziness- physical and mental is of epidemic proportion in this country...along
with apathy, denial and self absorption...
Evil or Very Mad

Do you think any of it has to do with the way our society raises it's children? Seriously, I live in a southern rural area. Our children are taught to be kind, respectful, etc. But, they do sometimes get into trouble. What I see is parents who do not discipline their children and do not allow others (teachers, coaches, etc.) to do it either. So the kids grow up thinking they can do ~ or not do ~ whatever the heck they want with no consequences. Then as they grow up the liberals who are running our country want to reward them for their apathy by providing them a free salary (welfare) and free health care. (Please do not get me wrong, I have not problem with giving assistance to those that truly need it. It's the ones that manipulate the system that chap my ass!)

I honestly feel we are doing a disservice to our children. They don't grow up to have pride in hard work and a job well done. School work is not a priority, sports are 'all about fun' and not the challenge of being the better athlete and learning how to win and lose graciously. It's very disheartening if I think about it too much.

BTW, this IS the Rant thread, right??? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job EmptyThu May 15, 2008 10:46 am

I agree that children are growing up with this entitlement attitude. Many will completely disrespect their elders, teachers and especially their parents. And you are right shamless, it's parenting 99% of the time. No limits, not restrictions and no consequences. I see all these new "techniques" about redirecting and blahblah .. while some of it is great, some of it teaches them nothing. Kids need to learn to share, and learn to be nice to one another, learn not to smack someone.

When I was in school we would never talk back to a teacher. Or elders etc. We wouldn't threaten to sue someone or call DSS. And yes, I firmly believe that the majority of it is parenting issues. Pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Get a job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get a job   Get a job Empty

Back to top Go down

Get a job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: General Discussion-
Jump to: