Only Real Rock

Classic Rock
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AR

avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Fri May 09, 2008 10:13 am

Until I found out tickets were $78 dollars not including ticketbastard fees and shipping. Evil or Very Mad

No thanks. Neither band has their original lead singer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess
Admin
avatar

Posts : 282
Join date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Fri May 09, 2008 10:18 am

AR wrote:
Until I found out tickets were $78 dollars not including ticketbastard fees and shipping. Evil or Very Mad

No thanks. Neither band has their original lead singer.

sadly this is a trend that is only going to get worse. I mean for fuck sakes did you see the cost of JOURNEY tix?? Thats just stupid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onlyrealrock.com
AR

avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Fri May 09, 2008 11:41 am

Goddess wrote:
AR wrote:
Until I found out tickets were $78 dollars not including ticketbastard fees and shipping. Evil or Very Mad

No thanks. Neither band has their original lead singer.

sadly this is a trend that is only going to get worse. I mean for fuck sakes did you see the cost of JOURNEY tix?? Thats just stupid

Well even Karoake Journey at least has some new material. I will give them that much. But yet their ticket prices are completely outrageous as well. Although I would have been paying it if Soto was still in the band.

I think a lot of these groups are in for a rude awakening this summer. With the price of gas through the roof which is also causing the cost of other goods and services to spike - there will be less disposable income around for concerts. Especially bands I've already seen 10 or 20 times with dwindling original members and nothing new to promote.


Last edited by AR on Fri May 09, 2008 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRockJava

avatar

Posts : 218
Join date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Fri May 09, 2008 2:08 pm

i don't know ar. i think that many people might be looking for things to do locally since they may be cutting back on the driving vacation because of the gas prices. so a local concert at $70+ a head will still be cheaper than driving somewhere, staying in a hotel and driving to and paying for the activities at that location. just a thought.

i've never been a big vacation person so a few shows at the beach venue with tailgating is right up my alley.

although this year i am taking two big vacations. go figure....... jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AR

avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Fri May 09, 2008 2:21 pm

iRockJava wrote:
i don't know ar. i think that many people might be looking for things to do locally since they may be cutting back on the driving vacation because of the gas prices. so a local concert at $70+ a head will still be cheaper than driving somewhere, staying in a hotel and driving to and paying for the activities at that location. just a thought.

i've never been a big vacation person so a few shows at the beach venue with tailgating is right up my alley.

although this year i am taking two big vacations. go figure....... jocolor

True, however a lot of these older bands who have fans that travel to multiple shows. The last Journey tour, I saw them in Baltimore, Atlantic City, Mansfield, Mass, and 3 shows in Florida. I don't see me doing something like that now for any band.

The cost of fuel is driving up the price of everything including food. I'm not sure this is the time for some of these groups to be charging nearly a hundred bucks for one evening's worth of music. Time will tell as the summer tours begin getting underway.

Personally, I would have seen Boston & Styx for 40 or 50 bucks. However they just priced themselves out of what I thought that show was worth. And I'm not someone who is hurting for money in anyway. I just see my disposable income being put to better use.

The only "must see" show so far this summer for me is Iron Maiden because of the setlist and stageshow. Everything else coming around is mostly rehash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nolliD JJ

avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2008-03-24
Age : 62
Location : The Nigerian King of Swing

PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Fri May 16, 2008 4:04 pm

".....Personally, I would have seen Boston & Styx for 40 or 50 bucks....."

I agree.

You have to "draw the line" somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/rafferty4
AR

avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Fri May 16, 2008 5:51 pm

I did pay a lot to see Van Halen last night, but left happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ms. M

avatar

Posts : 60
Join date : 2008-03-24
Location : Humble, Tx

PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Fri May 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Our local arena (Toyota Center) doesn't use Ticketbastard, which I used to think was a good thing. We were looking at Carlos Mencia tix and the venue charges a $19.50 "convenience fee". Too much!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nolliD JJ

avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2008-03-24
Age : 62
Location : The Nigerian King of Swing

PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Fri May 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Speaking of Ticketbastard, it's always a bad thing when a company has a monopoly over a situation. It kind of reminds me of a certain cable tv & internet company. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/rafferty4
Liam The Pariah

avatar

Posts : 224
Join date : 2008-03-24
Age : 38
Location : Bryan, Tx

PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   Sat May 17, 2008 1:47 pm

AR wrote:
I did pay a lot to see Van Halen last night, but left happy.

I hear ya on that...but that was a reunion with the original lead singer. If DDY were coming back...I'd GLADLY pay $75+ for a ticket. But not for "Styx 5.0". Doesn't look like i'm seeing many shows this year.

_________________
Liam

"Children under 4 shouldn't smoke"--Peter Griffin

www.myspace.com/texx151
www.myspace.com/annexrox
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/annexrox
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...   

Back to top Go down
 
Well I WAS going to go see Boston & Styx...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dennis Chambers Clinic - Daddy's Junky Music, Boston
» Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?
» Sir G International: Keleko's, Blue Hill Ave, Boston. 1989 (Collin Roach & Anthony Malvo)
» Evertone Hi Power: Windsor Cricket Club, Boston. 1987 (Super Cat)
» 1988.05.11 - Orpheum Theatre, Boston, USA

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: General Discussion-
Jump to: