Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!

Go down 
+11
atthistime
AR
NealIsGod
Perrylover
Michael Leigh
shameless1
playitloudforme
GOD
ohsherrie
nolliD JJ
Goddess
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:39 am

Again - to each his own.

The law is discriminatory period. Laws need to be changed on occasion - and just because something is in the majority doesn't mean that it is the RIGHT way. It's YOUR way - and there are a lot of people that disagree with that way.

I've been pretty respectful of the views of people that disagree with me, unfortunately I haven't had the same in return. What I do see instead is anger back or the graphic descriptions of what gay couples may or may not do. I'm not pissed - just making a point.

I'm glad that there are people fighting for the rights of equality. I'll fight it at every chance I get. Just as I am glad the laws have changed to allow black and whites in the same school and allowed me the right to vote.

Again, we can debate this until we are blue in the face. Fact is we disagree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 9:34 am

Man, these topics are like train wrecks, you try to ignore them but wind up rubber necking anyways...LOL! So here's my 1/2 cents worth (since the dollar has went down in value...lol!)

Quick fix to this solution. Just do away with marriage benefits altogether. At least everybody will be treated equally at that point. Right? Because, a judge telling me what I must accept is nothing more than a bad case of communism. I'm not going to agree with the gay lifestyle, sorry, it's not happening. Doesn't mean I don't care for my gay friends, because I do very much so. But, by a Supreme Court judge ruling that gay marriage is now allowed is basically telling me I have to agree with the gay lifestyle and that is no different from what liberals complain about state sponsored religion and telling them what they should believe.

Make a deal with you, make gay marriages legal all across the board and let me put up the ten commandments and the three crosses at every government building.
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 9:43 am

I'm against gay couples being able to adopt children. That is selfish on the couple's part for so many reasons. Not everyone can be Rosie O'Donnell and have the money to shield their kids from the sting of other children who can be absolutely cruel.

With so many couples out there wanting to adopt, it is elitist for a Rosie, or a Melissa Etheridge or whoever and their life partners to be able to adopt children.

(I realize the Etheridge was inseminated by that piece of human debris David Crosby, but you get the point)

Last edited by AR on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 9:50 am

Problem with the human bill of rights is that it's a very ambiguously written document. The word "sex" as it is written in the bill is subject to deliberation because it is NOT clearly defined as to what "sex" they are referring to be it gender or orientation. The US constitution also permits for freedom from discrimination based on sex, religion, ethnic background etc. Again, loosely defined and subject to individual interpretation. No I haven't changed my position on the subject but I can see where both sides are finding the points of debate.
Back to top Go down
Jesus

Jesus

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:44 pm

GOD wrote:
Problem with the human bill of rights is that it's a very ambiguously written document. The word "sex" as it is written in the bill is subject to deliberation because it is NOT clearly defined as to what "sex" they are referring to be it gender or orientation. The US constitution also permits for freedom from discrimination based on sex, religion, ethnic background etc. Again, loosely defined and subject to individual interpretation. No I haven't changed my position on the subject but I can see where both sides are finding the points of debate.

and the ETC is where the government is being extremely ignorant. In all actuality, this country is legitimately brought up on the Constitution, now granted yes there is other things that help shape the U.S. into the union that we are, but basically that was the first and everyone seems to want to live by it so firmly. If you're going to live by the Constitution, then it's your responsibility to understand and adapt to the fact that it's loosely descriptive with who can and can't have their freedom of rights.

Smile And thank you for the earlier compliments, Daddy. Smile
Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mcrlove3
nolliD JJ

nolliD JJ

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:21 pm

AR wrote:

(I realize the Etheridge was inseminated by that piece of human debris David Crosby, but you get the point)

Wow. I didn't know that. I figure his little "swimmers" would have been "fried" by the end of the seventies. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rafferty4
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:37 pm

nolliD JJ wrote:

Wow. I didn't know that. I figure his little "swimmers" would have been "fried" by the end of the seventies. Razz

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:42 pm

No but that baby is seeing some wild fucking colors during it's development is my guess! Shocked
Back to top Go down
shameless1

shameless1

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 10:20 pm

GOD wrote:

So when you fill out a questionnaire, or a job application, or whatever, the choices you are given beside "sex" are 'male' and 'female', not 'straight' and 'gay'. As much as I respect ya, I think you are totally wrong in this assessment.

As for the goddess' statement about majority of views and whether they're right or wrong... I agree, the majority view isn't always the "right" one. However, that is the system of government we have. Our country is run 'by the people for the people' and the people running it are supposed to do so based on what the constituents want. If you live in or near a large metropolitan area, you are generally more liberal in your views that someone who resides in a smaller, more conservative area. I happen to be one of the conservative ones. My life experiences forge who I am and what I believe, just as many of yours do. Is it right or wrong? No one is really to say. As I said before, to me it's less about the issue itself as it is about the way that it's presented. It's kinda like many of the people that frequent these types of forums... they present their views as fact, when in reality they are opinions with no fact to back them up whatsoever. Go figure, huh...?
Back to top Go down
nolliD JJ

nolliD JJ

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:39 pm

".....So when you fill out a questionnaire, or a job application, or whatever, the choices you are given beside "sex" are 'male' and 'female', not 'straight' and 'gay'....."

Whether or not one is "hetero" or "gay" really shouldn't be an issue when it comes to most jobs. (Agreed)

".....I agree, the majority view isn't always the "right" one....."

The term "right" can be subjective. However, applying that line of thinking to the pre-civil rights movement era, here in the USA, then that would be correct: The majority view wasn't the "right" one (in my opinion) back then, as it implied that non-caucasians were second class citizens (to put it in the nicest of terms).

However, if the majority view is that homosexuality is not acceptable on moral grounds, then one can not really make a blanket statement that, that is the "right" or "wrong" (correct or incorrect) view. If people are guided by their religious beliefs, in shaping their views or opinions, then because we have freedom of religion, one must allow that view to exist (even though one may not agree with it).

".....It's kinda like many of the people that frequent these types of forums... they present their views as fact, when in reality they are opinions with no fact to back them up whatsoever....."

Agreed! If they would preface their statement with, "In my opinion", then there wouldn't be a problem (in my opinion). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rafferty4
shameless1

shameless1

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Just remember, morality and religious beliefs are 2 different things. Morality is more of a society's view on a particular subject, which can be based on religious beliefs, but doesn't have to be strictly modeled by them.

I see a direct correlation between our relaxed moral views on some topics (gay marriage, abortion, etc.) and our moving away from bible based upbringing. I'm not sure which is the chicken and which is the egg, but it's what I see.
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 pm

The bottom line here is the USA has always been a puritanical society. Look at our views on public nudity as compared to just about everywhere else in the world. We made laws prohibiting public nudity whereas other countries embrace the human figure as natural and beautiful. My point is this for anyone who might have missed it.

How can we as a society ever embrace the homosexual lifestyle when we cannot even grasp the concept that the human form is a natural and beautiful thing and shouldn't need to be hidden by layer upon layer of clothing.
Back to top Go down
atthistime

atthistime

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:08 am

GOD wrote:
The bottom line here is the USA has always been a puritanical society. Look at our views on public nudity as compared to just about everywhere else in the world. We made laws prohibiting public nudity whereas other countries embrace the human figure as natural and beautiful. My point is this for anyone who might have missed it.

How can we as a society ever embrace the homosexual lifestyle when we cannot even grasp the concept that the human form is a natural and beautiful thing and shouldn't need to be hidden by layer upon layer of clothing.

Because we have evolved and we don't have fur anymore and it's damn cold in the Winter and the mosquitoes bite like hell, especially this year.

Most, in other countries, have nude beaches but they don't walk around in the nude otherwise. I see it as more practical than puritanical here in this country.
Many, in other countries, pee all over the place and the men spit globs on the sidewalks. I'm glad that this country has laws. No litter laws there, for the most part and the beauty of some of the countries is ruined by the garbage and litter dropped at will.

All this fuss is about nothing more than to protest any hint that our freedom's might be violated in some form by a band wagon mentality. Instead of complaining about how the law's that are supposed to be governed by the people and for the people, you should be complaining about how the State is going about over ruling what the people have decided.
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:27 pm

Always has been a problem in this country and always will be a problem. The justices are legislating from the bench instead of making their rulings based in law. Until that changes, we will be stuck in this spin cycle for ever.
Back to top Go down
atthistime

atthistime

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:46 pm

The gay couple's that I know of have been with each other for decades and are part of the community. They have always been accepted. A set of twins are growing old, very gracefully together. I really think that making any kind of statement now would just give them undue attention. Sometimes I think that they are just asking for trouble that they have so far avoided. Like marriage is such a sacred occurrence anymore.

Hey you people! Be happy. Be gay. Don't ask for trouble.

Stay free.

"Let's assume that same-sex marriage eventually becomes the norm in America. Are there any downsides for gays and lesbians?"

"No. No, I see none at all. For gays and lesbians, I see only an upside. I see an opportunity to join in the most healthgiving, beneficial social institution that's ever been invented by humanity. I see the prospect for young people to grow up assuming that they will have families and connections to their community that have been denied to gay people for thousands of years. I see no downside at all for gay people."

This guy is a dreamer!
Back to top Go down
atthistime

atthistime

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 2:27 pm

This is one very delightful person and I recommend this documentary.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/14/DDGILLOD041.DTL

I am not among those who think that being gay is a sad affair. So often an artistic genius comes with the package and the world would be of less value without what only they sometimes offer.

How they conduct themselves sexually is no different from what lots of straights are doing anymore. For some reason, imo, the straight male seems to have a harder time with it than the female.
Back to top Go down
bublhed

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:05 pm

Something has recently happened that reminded me of this thread...

My office mate is a lesbian. We are scheduled to go to Cleveland, OH on Monday for a conference. Well, her partner is suffering from a huge kidney stone and needs to have surgery on Monday to zap it. What to do...? Obviously, any straight married couple would not be an issue. If it were me, I would be granted a sick day to attend to my spouse. However, she isn't 'married' to her partner, and therefore doesn't get the same privilege (technically speaking) based on our benefits package. Can she get out of taking this trip for this mandatory meeting???

Fortunately, the answer is 'yes'. It has nothing to do with any legal rights, or arguing the merits of gay relationships. It was simply that TPTB know that it is the right thing to do. She didn't have to be nasty, or march into the administrator's office demanding privileges. She simply asked. Had she stormed in there, insisting on getting time off because her human rights would be violated if she weren't, our facility would've been thrown into chaos and I feel certain things would not have gone as smoothly for her.

This whole debate doesn't have to be difficult. If people would just use the compassion that God (NOT our moderator Razz ) gave us, life would be so much simpler. Unfortunately, the constitution cannot dictate that.

I'm taking my family and 5 little girls to the lake. Hope you guys have a fabulous day!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
shameless1

shameless1

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 5:33 pm

bublhed wrote:
Something has recently happened that reminded me of this thread...

My office mate is a lesbian. We are scheduled to go to Cleveland, OH on Monday for a conference. Well, her partner is suffering from a huge kidney stone and needs to have surgery on Monday to zap it. What to do...? Obviously, any straight married couple would not be an issue. If it were me, I would be granted a sick day to attend to my spouse. However, she isn't 'married' to her partner, and therefore doesn't get the same privilege (technically speaking) based on our benefits package. Can she get out of taking this trip for this mandatory meeting???

Fortunately, the answer is 'yes'. It has nothing to do with any legal rights, or arguing the merits of gay relationships. It was simply that TPTB know that it is the right thing to do. She didn't have to be nasty, or march into the administrator's office demanding privileges. She simply asked. Had she stormed in there, insisting on getting time off because her human rights would be violated if she weren't, our facility would've been thrown into chaos and I feel certain things would not have gone as smoothly for her.

This whole debate doesn't have to be difficult. If people would just use the compassion that God (NOT our moderator Razz ) gave us, life would be so much simpler. Unfortunately, the constitution cannot dictate that.

I'm taking my family and 5 little girls to the lake. Hope you guys have a fabulous day!!! sunny

DAMMIT!!!! I did it again!!!

Please disregard the author of the above quote. I posted under my hubby's SN... rabbit
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:01 pm

LOL - Donna is having a multiple personality Razz
Back to top Go down
shameless1

shameless1

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Goddess wrote:

Nope, if that were the case, my name would be bublbutt... Razz
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:26 am

shameless1 wrote:
Goddess wrote:

Nope, if that were the case, my name would be bublbutt... Razz

N O T!!
Back to top Go down
BigDog

BigDog

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:36 pm

DOH!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!   YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

YEAH SUPREME COURT CALIFORNIA!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4