Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New JSS CD details

Go down 
+3
Rocker Chic
Manarocks
AR
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AR

AR

New JSS CD details Empty
PostSubject: New JSS CD details   New JSS CD details EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:38 pm

JEFF SCOTT SOTO: New Album Title Revealed; Concert DVD Planned - May 27, 2008

Legendary hard rock singer Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) has issued the following update from the road in South America:

"I have the next few days off to get ready for our brutal four [shows] in a row (brutal only because I'm a wuss now and hate doing more than two in a row, haha) then I'm off next week to Sweden for the weekend at the Sweden Rock Festival. From there, I'm heading back to L.A. for two shows in California, one at home, one in San Fran. After that, I have to return to Europe to do a one-off album I'll be able to speak more of for Frontiers Records which I will be collaborating with members of Sweden's AOR gods ECLIPSE and WORK OF ART. I will be meeting up with my boy, Luke (that's Steve Lukather for the rest of you, haha) in Amsterdam to hang at his show on July 8. Rumor has it we will jam something out, which, damn it, it's about time! I've known the guy for 23 years and have NEVER jammed with him. Good thing we'll be a in boring, quiet, safe town like Amsterdam to hang and keep us out of trouble.

"From there, I have some videos to shoot for my album, the CD art will be completed, and we will finally launch it early September starting with a free download sometime in August. By the way, the new album is appropriately titled 'Beautiful Mess'. I love the title as it signifies much about my life both professionally and personally. There will be a page dedicated the album created along with soundbytes, video clips, info and more regarding 'Beautiful Mess' coming very soon.

"Then in October comes the mighty Firefest show in the UK on October 25. I will be shooting a live DVD at this one as the last one was over six years ago now and it's time to update what I'm up to live. In tow with me will be the guys that have been with me all the years, Howie Simon, Gary Schutt and David Dzialak. It's gonna be great to be around so many friends in the biz again; this festival is run by some very good people who do it for the love of the music and genre. It's more fun than work to be a part of this event.

"Lastly, as if it isn't enough already, Luke and I have been talking again about doing this postponed album together finally. We both got too swamped to go for it back in '06 but three years later, we will put our collective minds together and blast out something we wanna do! Somewhere in there, I will eventually tour for 'Beautiful Mess'. One thing at a time!"
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

New JSS CD details Empty
PostSubject: Re: New JSS CD details   New JSS CD details EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 5:23 pm

AR wrote:
JEFF SCOTT SOTO: New Album Title Revealed; Concert DVD Planned - May 27, 2008

Legendary hard rock singer Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) has issued the following update from the road in South America:

"I have the next few days off to get ready for our brutal four [shows] in a row (brutal only because I'm a wuss now and hate doing more than two in a row, haha) then I'm off next week to Sweden for the weekend at the Sweden Rock Festival. From there, I'm heading back to L.A. for two shows in California, one at home, one in San Fran. After that, I have to return to Europe to do a one-off album I'll be able to speak more of for Frontiers Records which I will be collaborating with members of Sweden's AOR gods ECLIPSE and WORK OF ART. I will be meeting up with my boy, Luke (that's Steve Lukather for the rest of you, haha) in Amsterdam to hang at his show on July 8. Rumor has it we will jam something out, which, damn it, it's about time! I've known the guy for 23 years and have NEVER jammed with him. Good thing we'll be a in boring, quiet, safe town like Amsterdam to hang and keep us out of trouble.

"From there, I have some videos to shoot for my album, the CD art will be completed, and we will finally launch it early September starting with a free download sometime in August. By the way, the new album is appropriately titled 'Beautiful Mess'. I love the title as it signifies much about my life both professionally and personally. There will be a page dedicated the album created along with soundbytes, video clips, info and more regarding 'Beautiful Mess' coming very soon.

"Then in October comes the mighty Firefest show in the UK on October 25. I will be shooting a live DVD at this one as the last one was over six years ago now and it's time to update what I'm up to live. In tow with me will be the guys that have been with me all the years, Howie Simon, Gary Schutt and David Dzialak. It's gonna be great to be around so many friends in the biz again; this festival is run by some very good people who do it for the love of the music and genre. It's more fun than work to be a part of this event.

"Lastly, as if it isn't enough already, Luke and I have been talking again about doing this postponed album together finally. We both got too swamped to go for it back in '06 but three years later, we will put our collective minds together and blast out something we wanna do! Somewhere in there, I will eventually tour for 'Beautiful Mess'. One thing at a time!"

I can't wait till this comes out. Only thing I feel it will probably only sell maybe a 1000 copies and that is being nice.
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

New JSS CD details Empty
PostSubject: Re: New JSS CD details   New JSS CD details EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:18 am

There is also an exclusive feature about Jeff's upcoming release, "Beautiful Mess" (like the title!), online now at MelodicRock.com. The feature includes an interview, track by track introduction to the album, and a full-length MP3 download of a song from the album, "Testify", as well. cheers

I'm really liking the new one and now I'm even more eager to get my hand's on the new album! bounce

Debbie
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

New JSS CD details Empty
PostSubject: Re: New JSS CD details   New JSS CD details EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:32 pm

Manarocks wrote:

I can't wait till this comes out. Only thing I feel it will probably only sell maybe a 1000 copies and that is being nice.

At least that will be 1000 people who have good taste in music!
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

New JSS CD details Empty
PostSubject: Re: New JSS CD details   New JSS CD details EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 8:00 pm

greg wrote:
Manarocks wrote:

absolutely!
Back to top Go down
ohsherrie

ohsherrie

New JSS CD details Empty
PostSubject: Re: New JSS CD details   New JSS CD details EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:43 am

iRockJava wrote:
greg wrote:
Manarocks wrote:

absolutely!

Maybe we should all download it 10 times and then buy 10 hardcopies when they come out to make it look like they're selling like hotcakes like the fans of another band that we all know. New JSS CD details C033
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

New JSS CD details Empty
PostSubject: Re: New JSS CD details   New JSS CD details EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 2:04 pm

ohsherrie wrote:
iRockJava wrote:
greg wrote:
Manarocks wrote:

absolutely!
Maybe we should all download it 10 times and then buy 10 hardcopies when they come out to make it look like they're selling like hotcakes like the fans of another band that we all know. New JSS CD details C033

Hey, I got people in mind for some gifts, ya know. Wink

BTW, early next year he plans on including the CD in a DVD package (that contains video singles, as well as his performance at Firefest this October), so I'd say that's a really fine package... and... Oh, look... No "rerecorded classics" either! geek

Debbie
Back to top Go down
Ms. M

Ms. M

New JSS CD details Empty
PostSubject: Re: New JSS CD details   New JSS CD details EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:13 pm

I absolutely cannot wait to get this album. The only thing I am more excited about getting is my house!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New JSS CD details Empty
PostSubject: Re: New JSS CD details   New JSS CD details Empty

Back to top Go down

New JSS CD details
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: Specific Bands / Solo Artists-
Jump to: