Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

8 month late Xmas card

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
playitloudforme

playitloudforme

8 month late Xmas card Empty
PostSubject: 8 month late Xmas card   8 month late Xmas card EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 9:09 pm

'm a bit stunned, so bear with me...

I was at home today after work, when my son came in and handed me a note. He said it was on "my car". "MY" car is a Nissan with the license plate called "OHPERRY". And a license frame that says Long Live Steve Perry.

Yes... I'm a loon. Deal.

anyway...

The note said "I have a signed X-mas from Steve Perry for you. Call me if you want it. Your neighbor, Mark". Followed by Mark's phone number.

Quoi???

I almost didn't call. I'm glad I did.

Mark said that he lives up the street, he's seen my car for months now, and mentioned the license plate to a friend of his. A friend of a friend of a friend thing.... and the next thing we know, Mark ends up with a signed by Steve card for me. They didn't know my name, so it's not made out to me personally, but still... supposedly yanked out just for me because of my license plate. He apologized to me for having held onto it for so long (in his glove compartment in his car), but he was afraid someone would steal the card if he left it out on my car. Finally occurred to him to write me a note.

It's a ROR picture. It's definitely Steve's signature.

Awwww.

Thank you Steve. 8 months late, but I got my Xmas card. Ya'll are too damn cool for words.

I'm still gushing like a damn school girl. And Mark, ya'll are too cool.. thank you!
Back to top Go down
atthistime

atthistime

8 month late Xmas card Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 month late Xmas card   8 month late Xmas card EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 10:19 am

It sounds like something he might do. Makes for a great story and maybe his way of saying, Kudo's to the faithful.
Back to top Go down

8 month late Xmas card
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: General Discussion-
Jump to: