Only Real Rock

Classic Rock
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mindy

avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2008-04-03
Age : 52
Location : NY

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:55 pm

GOD wrote:
In my opinion, the 1980's were one of if not the best era for rock bands coming out with great music. Although to a certain degree, they were also starting to lean more towards a pop sound.

Thoughts?

I absolutely agree. I guess that's why I still listen to 80's music most of the time...the majority of my music collection is from that era.

But to be fair, there are some good groups coming out these days. They just don't make it big because they're not in the genre widely listened to these days. Want new good music? It IS out there. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/perrygood
Moon Beam

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2008-04-02
Location : Searching For Summer

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:32 am

Might be a bit cheesy for the likes of some folks round here but I've
always loved this one and wanted to see if anyone else feels the same......


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E7y-48aer4


I can't get this to appear video like, what am I doing wrong? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NealIsGod

avatar

Posts : 49
Join date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Moon Beam wrote:
Might be a bit cheesy for the likes of some folks round here but I've
always loved this one and wanted to see if anyone else feels the same......


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E7y-48aer4


I can't get this to appear video like, what am I doing wrong? Sad

That song is one of my guilty pleasures too, Moonie. But I had no idead the video was so gay. Shocked

Did you know they wrote "Hungry Eyes" too? But Eric Carmen had the hit with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moon Beam

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2008-04-02
Location : Searching For Summer

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:13 pm

That video is a bit fruity frew ain't it Niggy?....great tune though.
I do indeed remember Hungry Eyes though it wasn't a fave.
I did not know they wrote it, thought it was his.
I liked him loads with the Raspberries doing songs like Go All The Way.

How bout this one folks?..........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOEcXred5M
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOD
Admin
avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:33 pm

Oh man do I remember that song. Like NIG it was (and is) still a guilty pleasure. There is a local radio station here that plays music from all over the place. No format whatsoever and every so often that one pops up and like a homo I find myself singing along. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mindy

avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2008-04-03
Age : 52
Location : NY

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:52 pm

Moon Beam wrote:
Might be a bit cheesy for the likes of some folks round here but I've
always loved this one and wanted to see if anyone else feels the same......


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E7y-48aer4


I can't get this to appear video like, what am I doing wrong? Sad

I don't ever remember hearing that one Moonie. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/perrygood
Mindy

avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2008-04-03
Age : 52
Location : NY

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Moon Beam wrote:

How bout this one folks?..........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOEcXred5M

Wow now this one I remember...used to love this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/perrygood
NurseCrys

avatar

Posts : 118
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 37
Location : Tyler, TX

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 pm

Liam The Pariah wrote:
I just wish grunge wouldn't have happened. It KILLED music...yet people still call it a "revolution" and compare it to the Brit Invasion. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

I have to throw things at you! there's no freakin emoticon for a taco!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/aggieangelcrys
Liam The Pariah

avatar

Posts : 224
Join date : 2008-03-24
Age : 38
Location : Bryan, Tx

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:36 am

NurseCrys wrote:
Liam The Pariah wrote:
I just wish grunge wouldn't have happened. It KILLED music...yet people still call it a "revolution" and compare it to the Brit Invasion. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

I have to throw things at you! there's no freakin emoticon for a taco!!!

Laughing...thank God. I'm sorry...you call the grunge movement a revolution...you're COMPLETELY deaf to music. Simple as that.

_________________
Liam

"Children under 4 shouldn't smoke"--Peter Griffin

www.myspace.com/texx151
www.myspace.com/annexrox
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/annexrox
NurseCrys

avatar

Posts : 118
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 37
Location : Tyler, TX

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Liam The Pariah wrote:
NurseCrys wrote:
Liam The Pariah wrote:
I just wish grunge wouldn't have happened. It KILLED music...yet people still call it a "revolution" and compare it to the Brit Invasion. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

I have to throw things at you! there's no freakin emoticon for a taco!!!

Laughing...thank God. I'm sorry...you call the grunge movement a revolution...you're COMPLETELY deaf to music. Simple as that.

i did not call it a revolution! alien and i think i'm hurt by that statement...i guess all my talents just went out the window...

no singing for you. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/aggieangelcrys
Liam The Pariah

avatar

Posts : 224
Join date : 2008-03-24
Age : 38
Location : Bryan, Tx

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:19 pm

NurseCrys wrote:
Liam The Pariah wrote:
NurseCrys wrote:
Liam The Pariah wrote:
I just wish grunge wouldn't have happened. It KILLED music...yet people still call it a "revolution" and compare it to the Brit Invasion. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

I have to throw things at you! there's no freakin emoticon for a taco!!!

Laughing...thank God. I'm sorry...you call the grunge movement a revolution...you're COMPLETELY deaf to music. Simple as that.

i did not call it a revolution! alien and i think i'm hurt by that statement...i guess all my talents just went out the window...

no singing for you. Mad

Crystal...you KNOW that i love to hear you sing. Smile

GRUNGE BLOWS DONKEY BALLS. Laughing

_________________
Liam

"Children under 4 shouldn't smoke"--Peter Griffin

www.myspace.com/texx151
www.myspace.com/annexrox
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/annexrox
NurseCrys

avatar

Posts : 118
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 37
Location : Tyler, TX

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:36 pm

no soup for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/aggieangelcrys
Liam The Pariah

avatar

Posts : 224
Join date : 2008-03-24
Age : 38
Location : Bryan, Tx

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:45 pm

NurseCrys wrote:
no soup for you!

D'OK. Laughing

_________________
Liam

"Children under 4 shouldn't smoke"--Peter Griffin

www.myspace.com/texx151
www.myspace.com/annexrox
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/annexrox
NurseCrys

avatar

Posts : 118
Join date : 2008-04-04
Age : 37
Location : Tyler, TX

PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Liam The Pariah wrote:
NurseCrys wrote:
no soup for you!

D'OK. Laughing

homer?!? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/aggieangelcrys
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?   

Back to top Go down
 
The 1980's arguably the best era for Rock music?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Steel Pulse at Brupop Festival 1980
» Waggy Tee 1980's R & B NYC Club Mix
» Jacob Miller - Live In Amsterdam 1980
» Stereophonic 1980 General Echo,Madoo,Colonel Flux,Goatie
» Stereophonic: Skateland, Half Way Tree Road, Kingston. June 1980

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: 80's-
Jump to: