Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rush - New Studio Album

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mindy

Mindy

Rush - New Studio Album Empty
PostSubject: Rush - New Studio Album   Rush - New Studio Album EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 6:57 pm

Liam not sure if you saw this yet! (God and Goddess, not sure if this is the proper forum for this )

DETROIT (Billboard) - Canadian power-rock trio Rush hopes to start work on a new studio album next year, but will serve up a double helping of live material before then.

First up, on April 15, is "Snakes & Arrows Live," which features such rarities as "Circumstances" and "Entre Nous," tunes the band had never performed on stage before last year.

The CD comes from a show last October at the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam, and video footage will appear on a DVD scheduled for the late summer or early fall, said guitarist Alex Lifeson.

"We shot it in HD, and I hear it looks really dramatic," said Lifeson, who supervised the stereo mix for the CD.

Rush begins the latest leg of its world tour on April 11 in Puerto Rico; dates are on tap through July 22 in Atlanta.

Lifeson said he and bandmates Geddy Lee and Neil Peart are also thinking a bit about a follow-up to last year's studio release "Snakes & Arrows," which debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.

"I'm guessing that we're probably going to take a little bit of the break at the end of this tour," he said. "I don't see us really doing much in the way of any new material probably until the spring of next year, and then we'll see where we go. We generally prefer to just start on that first day and sit down and start jamming; it's such an exciting moment, and it becomes it's own living thing. We seem to be much more balanced and a lot happier working that way."

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSN0228022620080402
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/perrygood
Liam The Pariah

Liam The Pariah

Rush - New Studio Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush - New Studio Album   Rush - New Studio Album EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 5:20 pm

Mindy wrote:
Liam not sure if you saw this yet! (God and Goddess, not sure if this is the proper forum for this )

DETROIT (Billboard) - Canadian power-rock trio Rush hopes to start work on a new studio album next year, but will serve up a double helping of live material before then.

First up, on April 15, is "Snakes & Arrows Live," which features such rarities as "Circumstances" and "Entre Nous," tunes the band had never performed on stage before last year.

The CD comes from a show last October at the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam, and video footage will appear on a DVD scheduled for the late summer or early fall, said guitarist Alex Lifeson.

"We shot it in HD, and I hear it looks really dramatic," said Lifeson, who supervised the stereo mix for the CD.

Rush begins the latest leg of its world tour on April 11 in Puerto Rico; dates are on tap through July 22 in Atlanta.

Lifeson said he and bandmates Geddy Lee and Neil Peart are also thinking a bit about a follow-up to last year's studio release "Snakes & Arrows," which debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.

"I'm guessing that we're probably going to take a little bit of the break at the end of this tour," he said. "I don't see us really doing much in the way of any new material probably until the spring of next year, and then we'll see where we go. We generally prefer to just start on that first day and sit down and start jamming; it's such an exciting moment, and it becomes it's own living thing. We seem to be much more balanced and a lot happier working that way."

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSN0228022620080402

AWESOME. Thank's for the update hun. Glad to see that they're thinking of another album. THIS BAND KICKS ASS. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/annexrox

Rush - New Studio Album
Page 1 of 1