Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need a good excuse!

Go down 
+3
Moon Beam
AR
greg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
greg

greg

I need a good excuse! Empty
PostSubject: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:20 am

Here's the deal,

I have a friend who is celebrating his birthday tonight. His wife decided it would be a good idea for them to go out of town to see a concert that is two hours away from me! Anyways, one of my local friends was going with them and thought we were all getting a big hotel room together to cut down costs. Well, my friend's wife got them both a hotel room and pretty much said that we had to come up with a room on our own (since they didn't want to share a room with anybody.)

Meanwhile, my friend's (the birthday boy) wife gave out the hotel room info too late for me. By the time I got to call, they were all booked up! So I'm having to drive two hours (and some change) up there to stay for maybe a couple of hours, then I have to drive back home the same night. The reason for that is A) I can't really afford to spend on the gas to drive up there AND to pay for a hotel room too B) my local friend who was going got pissed at them for the hotel arrangements and is not going and C) I have to go into work the next day.

This isn't a big time band. They are very good covers band, but I can't see myself driving over 2 hours to see a band that won't go on until after 9pm, and to wind up having to drive home on roads I don't know in the middle of the night. The live closer to this town than I do and they could've simply had a little get together in their town (which is only 40 minutes from me.)

The reason why I am stressing over this is that the wife tends to start up drama when it comes to stuff like this. She'll whine and cry about it. I'm the type of person who can't stand to listen to it and eventually gives in says "ok ok ok I'll go!" But, honestly, if I can't be there long enough to have a good time, what's the point???

So I need a good excuse. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:25 am

Get drunk during the day today so you can't drive. Hit happy hour this afternoon, come home and apologize saying you didn't realize you how many you'd had.

Usually works for me.

Actually I just put my foot down and refuse to do anything I don't want to do, but that's another story. Smile
Back to top Go down
Moon Beam

Moon Beam

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:26 am

greg wrote:
C) I have to go into work the next day.

That looks like good enough reason to me not to go.
Coupled with the fact that you can't afford to go for the night & can only
be there for a short time then turn around and come home.

Sorry the lady your speaking about is a drama dealer, yes some of us
female folks can dive a bit to deeply into the emotional pool sometimes.
I can surely understand as I too pitch fits with Hubby Bub until he gives
into my demands. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mindy

Mindy

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:30 am

I'd just go with the truth, Greg...everything you said sounds like reason not to go. If she whines and cries about it, let her. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/perrygood
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:39 am

Mindy wrote:
I'd just go with the truth, Greg...everything you said sounds like reason not to go. If she whines and cries about it, let her. Laughing

yeah just say it is too much driving and stuff cuz you have to work the next day
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
belar

belar

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:05 pm

I think the truth is the best option here. Too late + $$ = too much. Your friend will understand.
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:07 pm

I love Ed's idea and my boss is gone today! Laughing

Yeah, I think I'm just going to say thanks but no thanks. Under better circumstances, it would be a real fun trip, but I guess the only reason why I was stressin' over it is because this is supposed to be my friend's "birthday celebration". Good grief, you know what we did for my birthday? The usual thing I do on Friday nights...head out to the local Mexican restaurant, have dinner, a few drinks, and then called it a night.
Back to top Go down
ohsherrie

ohsherrie

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:01 pm

greg wrote:

Yeah, I think I'm just going to say thanks but no thanks. Under better circumstances, it would be a real fun trip, but I guess the only reason why I was stressin' over it is because this is supposed to be my friend's "birthday celebration". Good grief, you know what we did for my birthday? The usual thing I do on Friday nights...head out to the local Mexican restaurant, have dinner, a few drinks, and then called it a night.

Always best to stick with the truth and if they don't understand those reasons maybe they're not as good of friends to you as you are to them.

Is the El Ranchito still there?
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:08 pm

ohsherrie wrote:
greg wrote:

Always best to stick with the truth and if they don't understand those reasons maybe they're not as good of friends to you as you are to them.

You know it!! That is my Friday night hang out!
Back to top Go down
ohsherrie

ohsherrie

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:13 pm

greg wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:
greg wrote:

When I worked up there some of the office staff and I would go for lunch there on Fridays. The food was great. (So was the Corona but don't tell the boss.) Wink
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:38 pm

ohsherrie wrote:
greg wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:
greg wrote:

When I worked up there some of the office staff and I would go for lunch there on Fridays. The food was great. (So was the Corona but don't tell the boss.) Wink

LOL! The 34 oz Bud Lights are pretty good too! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a good excuse!   I need a good excuse! Empty

Back to top Go down

I need a good excuse!
Page 1 of 1