Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations

Go down 
+5
playitloudforme
GOD
Goddess
Sallee
iRockJava
9 posters
AuthorMessage
iRockJava

iRockJava

Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations Empty
PostSubject: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:12 am

http://downloads.walmart.com/swap/

re-records included. i got no comment just yet..............
Back to top Go down
Sallee

Sallee

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:33 am

There is already one person I saw over at MR that doesn't like the re-records, and they are an Arnel supporter. From this, I have a feeling that the re-records are not going to be a good thing. Journey may have messed up doing that. sunny
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:35 am

Sallee wrote:
There is already one person I saw over at MR that doesn't like the re-records, and they are an Arnel supporter. From this, I have a feeling that the re-records are not going to be a good thing. Journey may have messed up doing that. sunny

Huge mistake to re record the hits.. huge mistake
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
iRockJava

iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:11 am

yeah i truly think the re-records might bite them in the proverbial ass.

the new songs.........arnel's vocal strength lies in the ballad. but i feel like you can tell he is thinking about how to say the words while he is singing, so something is missing. i don't hate him, but there is nothing vocally that draws me in. there is one song that i like and i could see singing along to. "where did i lose your love", which is reminiscent of "the place in your heart". quite honestly, any of these songs could have been on generations. which leads me to believe they are all leftovers, that may have been tweaked once they had their new singer on board. overall, i think it is weaker song wise than generations. and the only song on generations i ever raved about was "beyond the clouds" and that was just because it was personal. everything else, except butterfly, grew on me. i'd still like to hear sa do that, just him and a guitar, but i digress. Cool quite honestly, after all the bullshit they put the fans through the last two years, you think they would have at least tried to put something amazing out. guess not. Neutral

i think if they have a "hit" it will only be because of arnel's youtube story. it's like american idol turned up a notch. but it will fade, as in this day and age, music is transient.
Back to top Go down
Sallee

Sallee

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:32 am

As I read one of Frank's posts at MR, I agree with him that Journey would be very lucky to get a hit off of Revelation, considering the "musical climate" as he says is. I mean, when was their last big hit? In the 80's right?. Oops, or the 90's. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

As for the You Tube story, that will fade. With the attention spans of people nowadays, it is lucky that it has lasted this long. sunny
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:54 am

Ok Here Goes:

I just finished listening to all of the samples. We'll start in reverse order here - The re-records: These are absolutely painful for me because they have ALL been slowed way down tempo wise. Faith in the Heartland almost now sounds like a ballad.

The new music - The songs are not that particularly bad, just not 1 real stand out that says hey we're back and we're ready now to rock your face off. There are no TRUE rockers on this album. They are all either ballads or very low/mid tempo bordering the ballad. Kind of disappointing to me personally. I thought with all this hoopla about you tube and he's the real deal and all that - that we'd get a much much stronger album than this. Again, songs aren't particularly bad, it's just the tired old Journey formula sound, nothing new or refreshing to bring them into the new millenium.
Back to top Go down
playitloudforme

playitloudforme

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 2:12 pm

Goddess wrote:
Sallee wrote:

Huge mistake to re record the hits.. huge mistake

why do I picture Julia Roberts saying this...lol.

and I couldn't agree more. Put it this way....everything they've done for the last year... Big mistake...Huge... I have to go shopping now.
Back to top Go down
Liam The Pariah

Liam The Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 3:28 pm

After listening to all the clips...I've got a word for each of the albums....

Revelation - Boring
Greatest Hits - Unnecessary (or stale...take your pick)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/annexrox
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Now to be fair based on my previous post, my concerns are based on 30 second clips of each song. I could be way off and will reserve final judgment until I have the actual album here for me to review based on it in it's entirety.
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:04 am

GOD wrote:
Now to be fair based on my previous post, my concerns are based on 30 second clips of each song. I could be way off and will reserve final judgment until I have the actual album here for me to review based on it in it's entirety.

i agree God, however, i fear that much like a movie trailer, those 30 second clips are the good parts. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:21 pm

iRockJava wrote:
i agree God, however, i fear that much like a movie trailer, those 30 second clips are the good parts. Neutral

Ba-dum-bum! Laughing

Bwahahahaha! lol!

Debbie
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 7:18 pm

Rocker Chic wrote:
iRockJava wrote:

Ba-dum-bum! Laughing

Bwahahahaha! lol!

Debbie

http://downloads.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9864208

and i think i was right. apparently there are different clips up, so the songs don't all sound similar as with the other clips. but now i don't really like the two songs anymore. scratch so i just liked the chorus scratch

and omg how gawdawful is "turn down the world tonight"!??!?!?! i just realized that someone on the official board said this sounded like a disney tune. wonder if neal did this affraid when he read that
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Here's my take:

To echo Liam's sentiment on the re-records: Unnecessary.

As for the new stuff, it's not bad, but not timeless. I can pop in the Escape album or Frontiers and feel as if it's the first time I have ever listened to it. This record, while good, is very forgettable.
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:24 am

iRockJava wrote:
i just realized that someone on the official board said this sounded like a disney tune. wonder if neal did this affraid when he read that

I'm doing this affraid because I'm shocked that the post wasn't deleted from the official board in the first place! lol!

Listened to the clips and there STILL isn't anything there that makes me want to buy it. Hell, I'm beginning to wonder if it would be a huge waste of hard drive space to even download it! bom

Debbie
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

PostSubject: Spliced Together Sample Clips   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:44 am

Maria, those resourceful wackos figured out that if you splice the clips from Wal-Mart's 2 sources, you get longer clips. It supposedly didn't work for all the new ones, but most did.

Longer 'Revelation' Wal-Mart Clips

Still don't feel like I need to contribute to their kids' college funds... Evil or Very Mad

Debbie
Back to top Go down
scarecrowsdream

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyFri May 02, 2008 6:17 pm

from what i am hearing....( i have not listened to the clips and don't plan to ) it seems
like this album was not recorded, intended for or aimed at selling to the 'long time fans'...
to me it seems obvious it was made for the *new* fan base they are trying to reel in...
you know- the one's who haven't put themselves in hock following them around, yet...the
one's they can still soak for a few more dollars....until they do *something* to piss them off..
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations EmptyFri May 02, 2008 7:17 pm

scarecrowsdream wrote:
from what i am hearing....( i have not listened to the clips and don't plan to ) it seems
like this album was not recorded, intended for or aimed at selling to the 'long time fans'...
to me it seems obvious it was made for the *new* fan base they are trying to reel in...
you know- the one's who haven't put themselves in hock following them around, yet...the
one's they can still soak for a few more dollars....until they do *something* to piss them off..

many bands I'm sure would do that same thing. If they have a shot at being huge again.. of course they will go for it - and who could blame them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations   Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations Empty

Back to top Go down

Walmart MP3 Samples of Revelations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: Specific Bands / Solo Artists-
Jump to: