Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cell Phones

Go down 
+6
playitloudforme
NealIsGod
GOD
AR
Virginia sniper
Goddess
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:51 am

I am thinking about getting a blackberry type - anyone have any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
Virginia sniper

Virginia sniper

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Get a Pearl if you get a Blackberry--That was my work phone before they canned my ass. Was a great piece of electronics.
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:28 pm

I have the Blackberry Curve

Cell Phones Blackberry-curve-8310
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:20 am

With the blackberrys - to they take good pictures? Easy to navigate? Internet connection good?
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:55 am

I'm pretty content with my nextel. Not any bells, whistles or cameras or anything like that. But for the money, the direct connect is the best thing ever created. I can talk to my parents in florida and it costs me not 1 dime. two way walkie talkie is the best!
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 8:18 am

GOD wrote:
I'm pretty content with my nextel. Not any bells, whistles or cameras or anything like that. But for the money, the direct connect is the best thing ever created. I can talk to my parents in florida and it costs me not 1 dime. two way walkie talkie is the best!

Thought you didn't have a cell phone....... Cell Phones 355374mrovix8293

Wink
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:34 am

No you asked me if I have texting ability on my cell phone. I do not have text. I have given you my cell # and my home # before. Go look back through your emails butthead! geek
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:49 am

GOD wrote:
No you asked me if I have texting ability on my cell phone. I do not have text. I have given you my cell # and my home # before. Go look back through your emails butthead! geek

Cell Phones 658312wqwp0q0xt3
Back to top Go down
NealIsGod

NealIsGod

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:54 am

The wife and I are getting new phones in July, and I definitely want to take the next step and go with the blackberry. How much do you pay for service? I will want unlimited pics, texting, and email. How much should that cost? I use Verizon.
Back to top Go down
playitloudforme

playitloudforme

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:03 am

I'm in the same boat. I can get a new phone in June.

I hate the last stages of a phone. No battery retention... phone calls last about 5 seconds before the sucker hangs up due to low battery (and I'd just 'charged it').

Soon soon soon.
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:42 am

NealIsGod wrote:
The wife and I are getting new phones in July, and I definitely want to take the next step and go with the blackberry. How much do you pay for service? I will want unlimited pics, texting, and email. How much should that cost? I use Verizon.

I pay 15 cents a text I think. My e-mail is unlimited though. Between my Blackberry and my wife's combined the bill is around $110 on average.

The camera is nice and has a decent zoom. It's also a music player, but since I have an ipod, I don't use that feature too much. After rebate I only paid a bit over 100 bucks for it, and it didn't have a restocking fee like the iPhone did, so I jumped on it. The full keyboard makes texting much easier.

My favorite feature is e-mail though. I have my home, work, and yahoo accounts all tied into it.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:51 am

AR wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:

I pay 15 cents a text I think. My e-mail is unlimited though. Between my Blackberry and my wife's combined the bill is around $110 on average.

The camera is nice and has a decent zoom. It's also a music player, but since I have an ipod, I don't use that feature too much. After rebate I only paid a bit over 100 bucks for it, and it didn't have a restocking fee like the iPhone did, so I jumped on it. The full keyboard makes texting much easier.

My favorite feature is e-mail though. I have my home, work, and yahoo accounts all tied into it.

So all your emails go to one address?
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:58 pm

playitloudforme wrote:
I hate the last stages of a phone. No battery retention... phone calls last about 5 seconds before the sucker hangs up due to low battery (and I'd just 'charged it').

Ah, that bites! Evil or Very Mad

I've had my phone for about 2 years now and it still works great (Siemens SX66)! It may be a little big for some people's taste, but I happen to love the big screen (2.25" x 2.88") and the slide out keyboard. It's a PocketPC, so it can do lots of things (except my version doesn't have a camera). What it can't do, there's bound to be a program for it, and I can load up a 4GB SD card with all kinds of additional things. Laughing

I won't be replacing this until it dies. Hell, I'm still using the original battery for it! Laughing

What pisses me off is that these carriers tend to stop supporting a phone if it's older than 6-12 months, so there's nowhere that I can "legally" upgrade the software for it. Mad

Debbie
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Goddess wrote:
AR wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:

So all your emails go to one address?

No, they all still go to 3 separate accounts online, but 1 inbox on the Blackberry
Back to top Go down
Jesus

Jesus

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 12:10 am

Goddess wrote:
GOD wrote:

Thought you didn't have a cell phone....... Cell Phones 355374mrovix8293

Wink

We're on sprint/nextel.
I've got texting abilities, he doesn't, but I bug him with it anyway.
From sprint, I've got the Rumor it's got the keyboard and everything.
It's not bulky and it slides. People seem to think that the service with Sprint/Nextel is bad,
but truth be told I get service just about everywhere I go.
(Except my old Science classroom and the freezers at the baseball fields lol! )

In addition, I've got web, e-mail, picturemail, and all those other things on my phone.
The phone is about the size of the deck of cards, but not as wide.
If you're going to go with anything, do something small.
Big phones are hassle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mcrlove3
Mindy

Mindy

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 7:57 am

What about cells w/o all that internet crap on them? My Razr is at the end, battery is royally pissing me off. Evil or Very Mad All I want is to be able to make calls, text and take pics. Here's my choice:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverview&deviceType=Phones

Can anyone tell me which is good, or which isn't good? I need to get a new one very soon.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/perrygood
playitloudforme

playitloudforme

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 9:12 am

That reminds me. I can get my new phone now. Ooooh shopping.
Back to top Go down
nolliD JJ

nolliD JJ

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:46 pm

AR wrote:

No, they all still go to 3 separate accounts online, but 1 inbox on the Blackberry

So it's kind of like Windows Mail (Vista) or Outlook Express (XP) in that you can have three identities?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rafferty4
Sponsored content

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Empty

Back to top Go down

Cell Phones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Only Real Rock :: Classic Rock :: General Discussion-
Jump to: