Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song

Go down 
+5
Goddess
conversationpc
GOD
Rocker Chic
iRockJava
9 posters
AuthorMessage
iRockJava

iRockJava

Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song Empty
PostSubject: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 9:32 am

just making sure everyone knows that. and the re-recorded version on the new cd doesn't come close to the original, and not just because of augeri. because the original sounds like the american pride song it's supposed to sound like. the re-record is watered down in an obvious effort to downplay it's meaning.

as for the rest of the cd, i can honestly say, had i not been front row center for the bullshit the last 2 years, and if at every interview i didn't read some idiotic comment from the mouths of schon and cain, i actually may have enjoyed it, but not like i enjoyed the augeri era or the vegas show in 2006 with jeff. i won't even bother commenting on the re-records of the gh. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rocker Chic

Rocker Chic

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 3:51 pm

And, if what someone has eluded to is correct, FITH is also NOT a true re-record. Rolling Eyes

Someone over at the MR.com board has stated that he has compared the background vocals on both versions and concluded that Steve's BG vocals are indeed on both versions. tongue

Debbie

Last edited by Rocker Chic on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 4:19 pm

The re-records are just in case they blow out AP's vocals like they did to SA. Always gotta have a plan B right? Shocked Laughing Not exactly a new idea for them this time around though.
Back to top Go down
conversationpc

conversationpc

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:34 am

I wish they would've left the original version of this song alone. It's much better and though Arnel's vocals don't sound bad, they DO sound emotionless, like he is reading the lyrics from a lyric sheet. The rest of the album is very good, though.
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:44 am

conversationpc wrote:
I wish they would've left the original version of this song alone. It's much better and though Arnel's vocals don't sound bad, they DO sound emotionless, like he is reading the lyrics from a lyric sheet. The rest of the album is very good, though.

well personally i think all the re-recrods sound that way. in fact it sounds like he is singing to a karaoke backing tape. they sound unpolished. and i just don't get how some people are actually saying he does the songs better than perry. wtf? i will never get this fan base. scratch
Back to top Go down
GOD
Admin
GOD

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:51 am

Hey Dave, bout time you popped in here. Wish you would pop in more often.
Back to top Go down
Goddess
Admin
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 1:15 pm

conversationpc wrote:

Nice to have you around PC Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlyrealrock.com
ohsherrie

ohsherrie

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 7:10 pm

FITH is one of the few post Perry songs that I really like, but I don't want to hear Arnel sing it any more than I want to hear him sing DSB.
Back to top Go down
Ms. M

Ms. M

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:18 pm

ohsherrie wrote:
FITH is one of the few post Perry songs that I really like, but I don't want to hear Arnel sing it any more than I want to hear him sing DSB.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 10:17 pm

Good song I like this version the Soul Legacy put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlsUQb1HHNo

THE JOURNEY CONTINUES 2008
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 9:38 am

I listened to both versions of FITH back to back and the version with Augeri is soooo much more lively and energetic than the one with Arnel Pineda. Like what PC said, it sounds like Arnel is singing off of a lyric sheet. No emotion at all.

As far as the re-records go, I hate the idea and hate the re-records. And for the record, I have given them a lot of listens and a lot of chances for them to grow on me and they just don't. The sound quality is horrible, you can hear diction problems with Arnel, and all around, just a total waste of space on a CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song   Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song Empty

Back to top Go down

Faith In The Heartland Is Not A New Song
Page 1 of 1