Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wrestling spikes music sales

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AR

AR

Wrestling spikes music sales Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling spikes music sales   Wrestling spikes music sales EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:46 am

WWE(R)'s WrestleMania(R) Rocks Music Sales
STAMFORD, Conn. — World Wrestling Entertainment's(R) WrestleMania XXIV pay-per-view used music to rock the Florida Citrus Bowl, and at the same time helped rock the charts for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Legend, Fuel and Rev Theory.

WWE Superstars making their colorful entrances on television and pay-per-view queued by audience-energizing theme songs can provide big dividends for musical performers. Fuel's "Leave the Memories Alone" was the theme song for wrestling legend Ric Flair(R) at WrestleMania XXIV and the following night's Monday Night RAW(R) on USA Network. The exposure led to the song experiencing a skyrocketing 999% increase last week, and a 409% increase this week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Fuel is thrilled with reaction to the song. "I think it's fantastic. It shows how genuinely passionate WWE fans are about their wrestling and their music. When you write a piece of music that was very passionate to you, it's nice to see people respond in the same manner, and that's what's happening here," said Carl Bell, guitarist.
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

Wrestling spikes music sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling spikes music sales   Wrestling spikes music sales EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:35 am

Is Fuel on Wind-Up Records? I remember the WWE pushing tracks from Creed in the past, as well as some other bands who were on the same record label. I liked Fuel with the other guy, but this guy is pretty good too.
Back to top Go down

Wrestling spikes music sales
Page 1 of 1