Only Real Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Only Real Rock

Classic Rock

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
greg

greg

Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records Empty
PostSubject: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 5:07 pm

Let's make this perfectly clear. I absolutely HATE the idea of Journey re-recording any of their classic hits, let alone the idea of them making another re-record CD. It blows my mind that there are "journey" fans out there who are wanting Journey to re-record more of their hits (Patiently, Suzanne, I'll Be Alright Without You, etc...)

I think this is a slap in the face of those past contributors who helped to write some of those hits (Steve Perry, Gregg Rolie, Robert Fleischmann.) This mindset is, you're not a true Journey fan unless you want the band to re-record everything with Arnel Pineda that has ever put them on the map. I like to think that you're NOT a true fan if you can't appreciate the classic hits in their original form. Why would you think Arnel Pineda could do a better job than Steve Perry on those songs? Yes, he sings really well and can mimic Steve Perry when he has to?

For the record, I do hope Journey makes another album with Arnel Pineda and one in which has to stand on its own. No help from Walmart. Cheap package deal. No re-recorded hits CD. Just one CD of new songs. If Journey can be successful with that, then I will definitely respect them. But I'm sorry, I still think the success Journey has gotten with this package is more because of the Wal-Mart deal, and less because of the album's merits itself.
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 5:12 pm

not to mention that they didn't sell out the shows themselves. heart has a huge fan base, as does, cheap trick. and more people are apt to go see three bands they moderately like for $100 than they are to see just one of those bands at that price. just like the 2006 tour sales was driven by the double bill with def leppard.

the re-records are an awful idea and i'd say the same if augeri had done them.
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:05 pm

greg wrote:
Let's make this perfectly clear. I absolutely HATE the idea of Journey re-recording any of their classic hits, let alone the idea of them making another re-record CD. It blows my mind that there are "journey" fans out there who are wanting Journey to re-record more of their hits (Patiently, Suzanne, I'll Be Alright Without You, etc...)

I think this is a slap in the face of those past contributors who helped to write some of those hits (Steve Perry, Gregg Rolie, Robert Fleischmann.) This mindset is, you're not a true Journey fan unless you want the band to re-record everything with Arnel Pineda that has ever put them on the map. I like to think that you're NOT a true fan if you can't appreciate the classic hits in their original form. Why would you think Arnel Pineda could do a better job than Steve Perry on those songs? Yes, he sings really well and can mimic Steve Perry when he has to?

For the record, I do hope Journey makes another album with Arnel Pineda and one in which has to stand on its own. No help from Walmart. Cheap package deal. No re-recorded hits CD. Just one CD of new songs. If Journey can be successful with that, then I will definitely respect them. But I'm sorry, I still think the success Journey has gotten with this package is more because of the Wal-Mart deal, and less because of the album's merits itself.

Greg I agree no band should re-record their songs. That was the deal Azoff set up with Wal-mart and the band added some new music to that which was a great idea by the band. The re-records have a live feel to them, they way you would hear them live in concert. No different than a live cd minus the audience. It is not a slap in face to those great musicans. Pineda does stand on his own with the new songs, actually that cd is growing on me.
In the real world whatever 20 or 30 former fans say about Journey now is no big deal. Sucessful European tour and 1st 3 shows of the US tour with Heart and Cheap Trick sold out. Are those fans wrong??? If someone does not like Journey 2008 just move on, their are more great bands out there.
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:11 pm

iRockJava wrote:
not to mention that they didn't sell out the shows themselves. heart has a huge fan base, as does, cheap trick. and more people are apt to go see three bands they moderately like for $100 than they are to see just one of those bands at that price. just like the 2006 tour sales was driven by the double bill with def leppard.

That's why it's a package tour like 2006 tour with Def Leppard and 2003 main event tour with REO Speedwagon and Styx. You will probably will sneak to see the band when it hits Jones Beach, I won't tell anyone that you did. Laughing

On the re-records I wish I had the posts from the old Back Talk Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
iRockJava

iRockJava

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Manarocks wrote:
iRockJava wrote:

That's why it's a package tour like 2006 tour with Def Leppard and 2003 main event tour with REO Speedwagon and Styx. You will probably will sneak to see the band when it hits Jones Beach, I won't tell anyone that you did. Laughing

On the re-records I wish I had the posts from the old Back Talk Laughing Laughing

sorry to disappoint motor, but i won't be sneaking to see anything at jones beach. i have no use for journey 2008 and beyond. unless perry returned. i turned down the offer to go with some friends and instead i'm taking my nieces to mohegan sun to see the back street boys that night.
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:26 pm

iRockJava wrote:
Manarocks wrote:
iRockJava wrote:

sorry to disappoint motor, but i won't be sneaking to see anything at jones beach. i have no use for journey 2008 and beyond. unless perry returned. i turned down the offer to go with some friends and instead i'm taking my nieces to mohegan sun to see the back street boys that night.

Your not disappointing me. Have a good night at the back street boys I took my oldest daughter to see them a couple year ago and it was loud screaming girls it's probably toned down now since everyone is older. My ears are still ringing from the Jonas brothers last week.
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:30 pm

Normally I'd go to see a Journey show in 5 or 6 different cities, not to mention Trick or Heart who I am a huge fan of. Arnel Pineda could be the greatest singer on earth and I wouldn't pay. It reaks of karoake/American Idolesque to me. I was more excited to see what Soto could do with the band. That's just a fact.

As Manarocks said though, move on. And I just did recently. Normally I wouldn't pay over $140 for a single concert. Well I just did that for Rush, and dropped another $100 for Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band for next month. So by not going to multiple Journey/Heart/Trick shows (which normally I would have), I just redirected those funds to 2 shows I may not have otherwise attended. In the end it's now a win/win. Smile
Back to top Go down
Manarocks

Manarocks

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:10 pm

AR wrote:
Normally I'd go to see a Journey show in 5 or 6 different cities, not to mention Trick or Heart who I am a huge fan of. Arnel Pineda could be the greatest singer on earth and I wouldn't pay. It reaks of karoake/American Idolesque to me. I was more excited to see what Soto could do with the band. That's just a fact.

As Manarocks said though, move on. And I just did recently. Normally I wouldn't pay over $140 for a single concert. Well I just did that for Rush, and dropped another $100 for Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band for next month. So by not going to multiple Journey/Heart/Trick shows (which normally I would have), I just redirected those funds to 2 shows I may not have otherwise attended. In the end it's now a win/win. Smile

Wow you use to see that many shows during a tour, The most i saw them during each tour was 5 and that was in 1979 and 1980. Now I see just once each tour when they come to Detroit, To be honest Ed, the karoke/american idolesque began for Journey in 1998 when they reformed. Actually that is with every band that has a new lead singer. Like i said before an another thread the new Journey sound was Soul Sirkus, Neal. Jeff, Marco, & Virgil that was a band. We could be talking about the new Soul Sirkus tour and cd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-BAoyOmWVM

Ed ther are so many great bands out there not just Journey. You will enjoy Rush they were awesome did you check out the clips from the Detroit show I posted on The Music Saloon? I recommend you check out Return to Forever a great jazz/rock band. To me music is always a win win situation. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
greg

greg

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:12 pm

Manarocks wrote:
greg wrote:

Greg I agree no band should re-record their songs. That was the deal Azoff set up with Wal-mart and the band added some new music to that which was a great idea by the band. The re-records have a live feel to them, they way you would hear them live in concert. No different than a live cd minus the audience. It is not a slap in face to those great musicans. Pineda does stand on his own with the new songs, actually that cd is growing on me.
In the real world whatever 20 or 30 former fans say about Journey now is no big deal. Sucessful European tour and 1st 3 shows of the US tour with Heart and Cheap Trick sold out. Are those fans wrong??? If someone does not like Journey 2008 just move on, their are more great bands out there.

I understand the re-records was for the Wal-mart deal, but it was also so that the band could have more commercial use of those classics without Steve Perry's input.

The point I'm making is basically that the new fans, the ones associated with the band only because of Arnel Pineda, want the band to re-record everything Journey made a name for themselves with in the hopes of erasing Steve Perry out of the history. They worship Arnel Pineda on the official board have no respect for past contributors. They talk trash about Steve Perry, Steve Augeri, and Jeff Scott Soto.
Back to top Go down
AR

AR

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:44 pm

Manarocks wrote:
AR wrote:

Wow you use to see that many shows during a tour, The most i saw them during each tour was 5 and that was in 1979 and 1980. Now I see just once each tour when they come to Detroit, To be honest Ed, the karoke/american idolesque began for Journey in 1998 when they reformed. Actually that is with every band that has a new lead singer. Like i said before an another thread the new Journey sound was Soul Sirkus, Neal. Jeff, Marco, & Virgil that was a band. We could be talking about the new Soul Sirkus tour and cd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-BAoyOmWVM

Ed ther are so many great bands out there not just Journey. You will enjoy Rush they were awesome did you check out the clips from the Detroit show I posted on The Music Saloon? I recommend you check out Return to Forever a great jazz/rock band. To me music is always a win win situation. cheers cheers

I missed the Detroit clips but will go check them out now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records   Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records Empty

Back to top Go down

Journey Fans Wanting More Re-records
Page 1 of 1